Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2024, 12:31 PM
systemsc
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by pp000830
My experience is that I have had to make as many as six attempts at toggling in the codes before the system responds appropriately and the fobs can be mated to the car.
I attribute this to human error and/or a noisy ignition or buzzer switch. I have never experienced having to wait after multiple attempts. Nore have I seen this described in the factory documents.
My experience was on my 1996 and a friend's 1997 993.
No waiting involved.
Andy
I'm just reporting what I've experienced working with many Porsche dealers and independents over many years with the 993 immobilizer system.
http://www.systemsc.com/

The following users liked this post:
pp000830 (08-01-2024)
Old 08-01-2024, 07:25 PM
jay@EZimmoblock.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 418 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by systemsc
I'm just reporting what I've experienced working with many Porsche dealers and independents over many years with the 993 immobilizer system.
Not surprising. Lot's of folks in this business (and others) like to make things appear more complicated than they really are "Hey, we tried to program your fob but every time we try it fails we have to wait hours to try again and we have to charge for that". Next time that happens, call BS and take your business elsewhere.
Old 08-01-2024, 07:29 PM
jay@EZimmoblock.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pp000830
Interesting,
Does this would suggest that the fobs communicate bidirectionally updating information in the fob with each use? I am not sure this is the case with the simple system in the 993.
I have not seen this feature described in any factory document with the 993. Newer cars, I understand, have this feature to deter theft from cloning.
Andy
Andy-
OEM fobs are uni-directional: Fobs transmit, immo receives. A new "F" variant is in the works that will be bidirectional. Scheduled for release this fall, it will make adding fobs even easier. Stay tuned.

-Jay

Last edited by jay@EZimmoblock.com; 08-01-2024 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-01-2024, 08:28 PM
systemsc
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 112 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jay@EZimmoblock.com
Not surprising. Lot's of folks in this business (and others) like to make things appear more complicated than they really are "Hey, we tried to program your fob but every time we try it fails we have to wait hours to try again and we have to charge for that". Next time that happens, call BS and take your business elsewhere.
Here; https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...g-key-fob.html

For many of our on-going customers, there's no charge for FOB programming. For Forum members, it's $75 per FOB, or $100 for two FOBs.
An immobilizer capacitor update, for increased range, is free with a FOB programming.

Since being a Forum member (Lorenfb) since 2003, we enjoy supporting the Forum and its members!

Last edited by systemsc; 08-01-2024 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-05-2024, 10:57 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 184 Posts

Staring to see mechanics (technicians) in dealer work bays that are younger than these cars...

Thanks to all those vendors who continue to frequent these forums and share their insights and experiences!

Thanks to the recent Entrepreneurs who have taken their consider parallel industry expertise and applied it to 993 "short comings" and 993 aging problems to keep as many 993s road ready! Thanks Jay!

The following 2 users liked this post by Kein_Ersatz:
71-3.0-911 (08-13-2024), alsamrob4 (08-05-2024)
Old 08-09-2024, 11:09 AM
EdinTX
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

To contribute to the discussion, I eventually decided to give up on programming in my car and purchased the F1 EZ a couple of weeks ago. I've been using it ever since, and I can confirm that it functions exactly like the Porsche fob. Initially, I bought it to be my spare, but it actually works from a greater distance, so I've made it my daily key, with the original now serving as the backup. Given the price, I'm thinking about getting another one if it's possible to do so without any programming.
Old 08-13-2024, 10:40 AM
jay@EZimmoblock.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes, you can add another spare without programming. Even better.... since you already own an EZ, the second EZ can be created "remotely", i.e., without needing to send a fob in to clone. This highlights an important feature of the F1 and EZ not available with OE fobs: Every F1 and EZ is serialized and registered in a database. If one is lost or damaged—or if you simply want to add another—just email us your F1/EZ serial number, and we can create a new one you can use out-of-the-box without programming. Also worth noting - even though the EZ is cloned from fob already paired to the car, it's still a 100% compatible fob that can be paired to any other 993. (You would have to go through the programming procedure to do this).
Old 08-17-2024, 01:52 PM
RicB
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all - I recently sent in my working fob and received my F1 EZ and it's working flawlessly. Was very happy to hear about this because otherwise, I would have had to remove and send out my immobilizer which I really didn't want to do.

PS - I also have the Immoblock (now with the optional connection to the clock power wire) and that works great too!

Thanks Jay.
Old 08-21-2024, 09:19 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 215 Posts

All…I had a beat up switch blade/ key for my wife’s 993…so beat up in fact that I wanted someone to rebuild it or get a 3rd fob as a back up. A little bit of Rennlist research and am I introduced to Jay who suggests I swap my switch blade for an OEM plastic key holder (and sends me a suggested link as an idea). I buy the plastic key holder he suggests and then after sending my blade to him..copies the signal and returns me one of their units which works like a dream. Meanwhile, I swapped my key from my switch blade fob into the new plastic one and now I’m all set with a proper Porsche fob (with functioning LED) AND an easy to use immobilizer from Jay that works at 3 or 4 times the distance the old switch blade did.

Thank you Jay…two thumbs up for product AND advice. Photo of old fob and new set up…and ps….the little tube with the logo is an ear plug holder from Porsche Motorsport that doubles as an easy to find feature of my wife’s new key set up so she finds it in her big purse 😳

Last edited by Overdraft; 08-21-2024 at 09:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
alsamrob4 (08-22-2024)

Quick Reply: There's a new FOB on the block