Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

The Racers Group Qualifies 3rd and 5th....

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 11:45 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Post The Racers Group Qualifies 3rd and 5th....

Get ready for some prime time racing tomorrow - The Cadillac Grand Prix, broadcast live from Washington DC will be aired live on NBC at 1:00 PM EST on NBC on Sunday. (10:00 AM PST)...!!!!

Today - the number #66 car qualified 3rd in class after a transmission problem reared its ugly head for the second day... The number 67 qualified fifth in GT class with Darren Law at the wheel....

Here are the notes from today..... Also - I'll be posting a picture gallery here: <a href="https://rennlist.com/racing/" target="_blank">https://rennlist.com/racing/</a> tomorrow, so check it out!!

Best to all!

John D.

Qualifying session - GT class
Notes and quotes

No. 66 - Kevin Buckler - Third in class
Qualifying lap - 1:13.836 (Buckler in car)
"The car is having gearbox problems like we experienced yesterday. The gear was stuck in fifth and I couldn't get it out. I know I could have turned another good lap. I'm disappointed, but we're still in the top three. We're going to get all this resolved today and have a good race tomorrow."

No. 67 - Darren Law - Fifth in class
Qualifying lap - 1:14.508 (Law in car)
"There was a flat spot on the front left tire, so I had to come in earlier than I wanted. It didn't feel as good out there. I'm going to rest up and work towards a better time tomorrow."

Old 07-22-2002, 12:37 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
The Racer's Group Finishes Second and Fourth at the Inaugural Cadillac Grand Prix of Washington D.C.

WASHINGTON D.C. - July 21, 2002 - The Racer's Group No. 66 Porsche 911 GT3 RS took a podium finish in our nation's capitol today, finishing second in GT class at the Cadillac Grand Prix of Washington D.C.The car was driven by team owner and driver Kevin Buckler along with co-driver Brian Cunningham. The Racer's Group's second car, No. 67, finished fourth in class with Michael Schrom and Darren Law behind the wheel. Buckler started the race third on the grid and Cunningham took the car through the finish line one lap behind the first place No. 23 Alex Job Racing car. The drivers completed 124 laps total on the 1.661-mile seven turn temporary racing circuit in the parking lot of RFK Stadium. No. 67 started fifth on the grid and completed 124 laps with only 47.223 seconds behind the third place car. Both cars had good pit stop strategy, each pitting twice under full course yellows. Heat and humidity were a factor for all the drivers on the temporary circuit today with temperatures reaching 90 degrees.

"Those years of autocross really have paid off; it takes a lot of car control, much like this temporary circuit. This course is really treacherous and takes a lot of concentration, which I like. The Porsche did great and the Michelin tires held on even in this heat," Buckler said. "I'm really had a good time during my first two races with the team. Kevin is a great co-driver and the crew is wonderful. I'm happy to be part of the team. The Porsche felt good and I really feel my confidence level rising each race with the team," Cunningham said of his second podium finish of the season.

The team has enjoyed an amazing season with class wins at both the Rolex 24 at Daytona and Le Mans in France plus four podium wins in ALMS and numerous wins in the Grand Am series. The Racer's Group is the winningest Porsche team in endurance racing this season. The Racer's Group is a manufacturer and distributor of high performance Porsche parts, an engine and chassis building and tuning facility, a full service Porsche prep shop and a professional race team. Additionally, the organization provides electrical and mechanical engineering services, driver development and "arrive and drive" programs. They are also the North American distributor of the UNICHIP, a fully programmable piggyback computer system that enhances the performance of streetcars and currently support approximately 130 dealers in the U.S. The Racer's Group is located at Infineon Raceway, formally Sears Point Raceway in Sonoma, Calif.

The Racer's Group is excited to welcome its primary sponsors mail2web.com, Rennlist.com and Adobe Road Winery to the American Le Mans 2002 season.

To learn more about The Racer's Group, visit rennlist.com/racing/ or theracersgroup.com.

Quick Reply: The Racers Group Qualifies 3rd and 5th....