993 Forum 1995-1998

Trg / Hwfmr

Old 06-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Trg / Hwfmr

Were any of The Racers Group, Hey Wait For Me Racing Members before Lemans?

Did they become instant Members prior to the race?

I would be interested in knowing all the new positions and when all of the virtual beer will start flowing.

Best wishes
Old 06-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Hi Howard

Interesting proceedural question. They had no HWFM moments. Kevin's had many, many podia, however they did the team proud.

I think we need a free exchange of ideas on this question.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:50 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Oh yeah, we're still doing the accounting of all the contributors who earned membership as a result of their generousity. Once that's completed, we will update the roster and website.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:02 PM
993Dave
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

As one of those contributing rookies awaiting confirmation of membership into the hallowed ranks of the HWFMR team, allow me to take this opportunity to propose my role on the team. Since the positions of counselor and assistant counselor have been taken, I have turned my attention to functions that are perhaps less lofty, but vital to the mission of HWFMR nonetheless.

As an enthusiastic but true newbie, with only a Skip Barber weekend to my driving credit, I think I'm relegated to the pits for now. In keeping with the stated objectives of HWFMR, it occurs to me that there is little that is more essential to the enjoyment of driving a fast car slowly than having a good beverage (non-alcoholic, of course) at the ready, notwithstanding the 993's firmly teutonic refusal to include cupholders. Truly, I have always been fascinated by the guy in the pits whose sole job, apparently, is to provide the heroic and risk-taking driver with a bottle of water/Gatoraide/other refreshing fluid. What a great way to get in on the action without the responsibility of doing something that could really screw up the race! Therefore, I nominate myself for the post of Official Waterboy.

I am not totally without ambition, however. I feel that if I can prove that I can handle fluids contained within a plastic bottle, I should be able to graduate to a role that involves the dispersal of fluids and actual involvement with the car. Thus, I humbly request that I be allowed the secondary post of Apprentice Window Washer.

In all honesty, for those of you who have performed these functions in real life, I am not mocking you. Far from it. I would happily accept those jobs at a real race in a nanosecond. In fact, if any of you are racing in SoCal and need someone in your pits who can really handle a water bottle ...

I respectfully await the decision of the HWFM Powers That Be.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:21 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

I hereby second the nomination for Dave, The Wasserjunge (errr.... The Fluid Exchange Guy... errr... the Apprentice Window Washer).
Old 06-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike - I've been advise that my title should be changed from Clutch Tester to Clutch Buster...I'll tell you the whole story on Sunday...we'll need beer for this one.
Please update the roster.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:15 AM
993Dave
Rennlist Member

I must say, I would much prefer to be known as The Wasserjunge than The Fluid Exchange Guy. One sounds exotic, the other sounds like I'd have a lot of explaining to do!
Old 06-15-2004, 01:22 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally posted by 993Dave
I must say, I would much prefer to be known as The Wasserjunge than The Fluid Exchange Guy. One sounds exotic, the other sounds like I'd have a lot of explaining to do!
We are full service club, HWFM Racing. We even give you the choice of titles, as above.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:45 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by 993Dave
As an enthusiastic but true newbie, with only a Skip Barber weekend to my driving credit, I think I'm relegated to the pits for now. In keeping with the stated objectives of HWFMR, it occurs to me that there is little that is more essential to the enjoyment of driving a fast car slowly than having a good beverage (non-alcoholic, of course) at the ready, notwithstanding the 993's firmly teutonic refusal to include cupholders. Truly, I have always been fascinated by the guy in the pits whose sole job, apparently, is to provide the heroic and risk-taking driver with a bottle of water/Gatoraide/other refreshing fluid. What a great way to get in on the action without the responsibility of doing something that could really screw up the race! Therefore, I nominate myself for the post of Official Waterboy.

I respectfully await the decision of the HWFM Powers That Be.
I think that is an important job. However, that particular role requires the approval of DJ, as he IS the resident expert on water bottles. What say you, DJ?
Old 06-15-2004, 12:08 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely. He's in.

In my opinion, there is no more inportant job than that of the guy that not only hands the driver a bottle of water to drink, but who also RETRIEVES the bottle when the driver is done with it...
Old 06-15-2004, 12:18 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

DJ

What was in it when it was retrieved?
Old 06-15-2004, 12:47 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 311 Likes on 138 Posts

Mark... Are you sure you want to be the Water Bottle dude?? I can't tell you how many times I was screamed at, over the radio, for the whole world to hear, for not having the water bottle at the ready when a car came in. I did my job prepping the water bottle (not all drivers want water. Some want 1/2 Water and 1/2 Gatorade. Some want all water. Some want all ice. Some want all gatorade. Picky, picky, PICKY) but my over the wall, get the water to the driver guys, would sometimes drop it, forget it etc and I'd be the one to get screamed at (Sorry Tony) for forgetting the bottle. Oh well... Hey, put me over the wall and the bottle would have been there!!!! Believe me, forget a bottle of water and it CAN screw up the race!!

No women over the wall. We are the weaker sex. My Butt (not again!!!) ....

Rant over......

If you want to be the Official Water Bottle Guy, you have my prayers and blessings...

MS

PS: Just don't ask for a bikini pic!!!!
Old 06-15-2004, 07:50 PM
993Dave
Rennlist Member

MS:

I learn something new every day. Who knew that the Water Boy would be under such pressure? Surely, however, the kind, gentle, fun-loving members of HWFMR would refrain from such abuse.

Well, except for MS herself. She has the tools of "encouragement," and apparently knows how to use 'em.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trg / Hwfmr