Sponsored by:

Radio antenna booster

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 12:44 PM
C4S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Radio antenna booster

Does anyone know exactly where it is located and more importantly how to change it. I have diagnosed that this is the problem after checking all other possbilities (ie. fuse, connector etc...). I found the following link in the archives but it doesn't speifically explain how to change it. If you remove the clock, can you get to it? TIA.

E

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001020" target="_blank">Antenna Booster</a>
Old 07-16-2002, 02:32 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Don't know about the booster itself, but when I pulled my radio out I realized that the booster cable (black) was severed maybe by a previous pull out/in of the radio.
When I reconnected voila! Radio works again!

Have you checked the cable?
Old 07-16-2002, 02:34 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Even though there is no powered antenna, the powered antenna lead from the radio has to be hooked into the antenna. You will get minimal reception with it hooked up. I bet that's the problem.

E. J.
Old 07-16-2002, 02:36 PM
C4S
Instructor

I have checked the cable, the in-line fuse connector, the antenna piece where it gets connected to the winshield etc... It seems that the amplifier has gone bad. I need to locate it. I believe its in the dash under the clock, but how to you access it/change it?

thanks.
Old 07-16-2002, 04:59 PM
jhb
Racer

There are several posts about this in the past, search for "bad radio reception". The FM amp is located on the passenger side just in front of the fire wall, and is almost impossible to get to without removing the windshield and dash. There was discussion at that time that the lead from the windshield into the amp can get corroded and break, which may also be your problem, in which case, you would need to replace the windshield, of jury rig some other antenna. There are some great detailed posts about this (with pictures) in the archives. Good luck

Quick Reply: Radio antenna booster