Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

HWFMR Emergency: The Turtle May be Running at LE MANS!! But the team needs your HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
Thumbs up HWFMR Emergency: The Turtle May be Running at LE MANS!! But the team needs your HELP.

TEAM MATES:

This is very cool, but we need to act together very quickly as a team in order to pull it off.

We have a last minute opportunity to have the Team Logo on one of the top cars at this year's running of the 24 Hour Race. Yes, you read that right. "Hey, Wait For Me" Racing helps sponsor a car at Le Mans! Just imagine, the turtle traveling at 180 mph down the Mulsanne Straight. Our car braking hard for Arnage, and flashing through the Porsche Curves. Think how watching for the Turtle on the Speed Broadcast will make the 24 hour broadcast flash by.

KEVIN BUCKLER and THE RACER'S GROUP have graciously offered to provide us space for our logo on his GT3 RSR. How cool is that? We have made a committment,. We need help in defraying the cost .

The logo could very well end up on the rear wing big. It depends on what we can do here.

WILL YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THE CAUSE?
I am asking that each teammate contribute to this effort. A mere $60 lets you brag that your team ran the big one with one of the top Porsches. If you can go higher, great. If that sum is too much, and represents your entire track budget for 2004, contribute what you can. Any contribution, large or small will be appreciated.

Please post a response on this thread of what you will be contributing. If it is substantially more, or somewhat less, of the suggested amount and you want it to remain confidential, e-mail me at MTNEST1@flash.net.

SPECIAL OFFER FROM KEVIN BUCKLER AND TRG
He got a huge kick out of the team and its “principles” and wants to have us on the car.
He has a number of limited edition race posters that he will give to the team for every one who contributes to the cause.

SPECIAL OFFER TO TEAM MATES.
We'll be raffling off some team gear hats and shirts, and anyone who contributes to the Le Mans effort will be entered in that drawing.

SPECIAL OFFER FOR NON-TEAMMATES
This is a one time only chance to achieve full membership in “Hey, Wait For Me” Racing without posting our usually mandatory self-depricating application. (If you’re not familiar with the team, do a search and get ready for hours of amusing reading) The team will appreciate your generosity. Just contribute the suggested amount, or more, and you're in. Rest assured, we will figure out a way to humiliate you later.

And we are working on other bonuses for anyone who contributes.

HOW DO I KNOW THIS ISN'T A SCAM FROM THE BIG TURTLE TO PAY FOR HIS NEW SUSPENSION?
Your check should be made out to the Racer's Group, and mark HWFM Racing on the memo line. I will work out the most convenient mailing address, and post that soon.

POST YOUR PLEDGE ON THIS THREAD
Or if you like, you can e-mail me the amount you are pledging. Send it to mtnest1@flash.net

We’ve had a lot of fun with this team. This could be the most fun yet.

Caveat:
Of course, if a HWFMR team car should win its class at Le Mans, the world will end at 4:01 pm French time. But we'll worry about that later.

SPECIAL THANKS
To John D for the brainstorm, and making the introductions that led to all this.

THANK YOU, KEVIN. THANK YOU, JOHN. AND THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP.
Old 06-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm
Since this is for a good cause.."Mike's Kids"
I'm in for a hun
Old 06-08-2004, 05:51 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in (and I assume that will make you overlook my un-turtle like weekend).
Old 06-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

Count me in Big T. I will be at the track while the race is going but will be sure to Tivo it!

Outstanding effort by John D. to help put this together!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 05:54 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in... but please don't mention it to the CO. She's still on me for the new rotors/pads and tires that showed up on the front porch just the other day.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, but only if you promise that TRG won't embarrass us by actually winning.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Phil, Mark, Jeff, Eric and Robert

On behalf of the team, Thank you all.

The logo will be about two feet wide on the upper rear wing.

Jeff
I won't tell yours if you don't tell mine.
Robert
Give me a minute and I'll figure out how to rationalize any success.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:27 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'm in as well.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Pete K
Pro

I'm in!

Trying to get back in the HWFR fold since setting a class record with GGR at Laguna. (ok, I know that I was the only one in my class but don't let that get around)

Pete
Old 06-08-2004, 06:29 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

OK……

I’m in for at least a hundred – and depending on the “parts budget”, maybe more…. In fact – I’ll even throw in a set of slightly rusted – once frozen rotors..

Now – I can’t confirm nor deny the final size of the HWFM sticker (it’s pretty BIG – maybe…) – but strange things happen when the owner of the team TRG and the team owner of HWFM have a summit meeting (albeit on the phone..). What I can say – is Kevin, Shane – and the entire TRG crew is 100% as excited as you are…. And, as a side note – the scrutineers from the ALCU showed up at the TRG garage off pit row today and commented (I’ll type this with a French accent ) ”Your garage and pit area looks better then the Audi teams” I can only imagine that with the HWFM decal on the TRG Porsche – throngs of fans worldwide would collect outside the TRG/HWFM entry and create unprecedented pandemonium and cheering (and rioting)…

As well - anyone who pledges support for the HWFM effort at Le Mans will also receive a free 2-year Rennlist Membership. If you are already a “Lifer” – you, at your option – can bequeath it to another non-Rennlist Member, or extend your lifetime membership by two years (I really have NO IDEA how THAT WORKS, but….. )…

And oh – BTW – The Racer’s Group Website, releases and official sponsor lists are being updated as I type this to include: “Hey Wait For Me” Racing as an official TRG Sponsor. I’ll post links and updates as they appear…!!!

Stay tuned……. And along with Mike and Kevin – and all the folks…..

Thank you. Honestly and seriously - we can't do it without you...

So again - simply Thank you...
Old 06-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Pete K
Pro

Well in light of John D's generous offer, I'll up my contribution to $100.

Thanks John.

Pete
Old 06-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Brian P
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 9 Posts

Count me in for $100. Mike, also I'd like to get one of those great HWFM t-shirts. Let me know how much to send for that as well.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:48 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

COUNT ME IN! IT'S THE CLOSEST I'LL EVER GET TO A PROFESSIONAL LEVEL OF RACING...........CRIPES THE POSTER IS WORTH THE $60.00!!!!!!!

HEY WAIT.........HOW DO YOU THINK "WELL WE ARE A SPONSOR OF THE RACERS GROUP AND WERE REPRESENTED AT LEMANS" WILL WORK W/GRID GIRL PROCUREMENT?

I GOTTA RUN....SOME PHONE NUMBERS TO DIG OUT.

CONGRATS MIKE, JOB WELL DONE.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'd like to contribute. To be able to sponsor a Lemans team for $60! I'll let you know that not only am I not, currently, a member of HWFM racing, I haven't yet found my 993. I am, however, getting close, real close...
Old 06-08-2004, 07:19 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Professional pride requires that I match the used car salesman's pledge.

This should really help give a boost to HWFMR's continuing efforts at a major F1 sponsorship deal should Severstal's Zavolzhski engine plant get their revs up.

Quick Reply: HWFMR Emergency: The Turtle May be Running at LE MANS!! But the team needs your HELP.