Warning: Frontline used Porsche parts in Pennsylvania

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 05:01 PM
motion
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warning: Frontline used Porsche parts in Pennsylvania

Just a head's up to be careful with a Rennlist member.

I purchased $615 of 993 black cab interior pieces from John Holko at Frontline in PA last month. I was assured they were in perfect condition. When I received them, the leather was in terrible condition, with scratches, dents and near-perforations/holes on several of the pieces. The center console had many scratches and dents in it. John was willing to accept the pieces back, but would not reimburse me the $130 for shipping both ways.

Mr. Holko clearly was not honest about the condition of the pieces and did not want to eat the shipping as a result. So now, I am sitting on $615 worth of worthless interior pieces.

In 7-8 years of buying used Porsche bits from Rennlist and Pelican members, this is the first time I've been burnt. Just a heads up out there.

Last edited by motion; 06-03-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:05 PM
Pete K
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer.

I might have sent the pieces back and eaten the $130 shipping prior to sending out that note though.

Pete
Old 06-03-2004, 05:20 PM
motion
Addict
Rennlist Member

To be honest, Pete, I didn't trust him refunding my money. He doesn't return phone calls, so I have no indication that he's an honest individual.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:26 PM
edd1e22
Intermediate

Default Did you use CC?

If you used a credit card, just send the stuff back and issue a chargeback for the complete amount.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:32 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: Warning: Frontline used Porsche parts in Pennsylvania

Originally posted by motion
Just a head's up to be careful with a Rennlist member.....
Hey Richard..!

I have to be honest with you - I don't see a "John Holko" listed as a Rennlist Member??????
Old 06-03-2004, 05:37 PM
motion
Addict
Rennlist Member

John, I'm not sure what his member name is. I had a "wanted" ad listed in the classifieds, and he responded to it via the Rennlist mail generator. I have the email, but the link doesn't work anymore. I think its expired.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:44 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally posted by motion
John, I'm not sure what his member name is. I had a.....
Ahhh - got it... See - when I said "Rennlist Member" - I looked in the paid "Rennlist Member" database and the Classifieds database (which only folks like yourself can post to..) - so he wouldn't be in either, as he's not a "Rennlist Member" like yourself....

Anyway - pop me a PM if you think I can help, OK? But - no guarantees he even knows me if he's not a "Member"..??...
Old 06-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi John D,

Wasn't there prollem with the classifieds a couple of months ago? Is there a way to "lock out" non Rennlisters to clean up the issues. It's prolly more complicated than that and this may have been beat to death already. I would sure like to trust the classifieds.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:19 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally posted by Bruce SEA 993
Hi John D,

Wasn't there prollem with the classifieds a couple of months ago? Is there a way to "lock out" non Rennlisters to clean up the issues. ....
Hey Bruce..!!

Yep - I took off the "Free" classifieds where anyone could post - as someone was setting up a scam. One person DID scam another (well - actually 2 folks - with the same ad - and both non-Members), and spent two days assisting State and Federal authorities tracking that person down (I guess it gave a whole new meaning to "Free Classifieds" in my mind..)..

Anyway - the Classifieds NOW - only Rennlist Members can post to - BUT - anyone can buy from. The difficulty is that I won't close down both selling and buying to Rennlist Members only (such as the PCA website), but I'd caution any Rennlist Member when posting stuff - to know the buyer. You can always ask them if they are a Rennlist Member and ask for their Membership number, and either Jen or I would be happy to verify that they are indeed, Members.

Also - I always found that in the few instances if something goes wrong - I can pick up and call both parties, if they are Rennlist Members - as both know the site, probably know my name, and are willing to work together. Through the years - my guess is I've been asked to "mediate" about $200,000 of sales from what is sold/purchased from throughout the site - and fortunately - have a pretty good success rate.

However - Rennlist - from the Classifieds, Forums, Sponsor sales, Group buys, e-mail lists does about $350,000 per week (including Porsches sold from the site). Wish I got a commission
Old 06-03-2004, 08:51 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

I got burnt once on interior pieces. They were supposed to be leather. Instead they were plastic. It's unfortunate but these things do happen. Keeping the list informed cuts down on the frequency.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:22 AM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey John D,

Thanks for you good work here and your above and beyond help with issues. Rennlist is an amazing force in the Porsche ownership experience.

Cheers, Bro!
Old 06-04-2004, 01:36 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Bruce SEA 993
Hey John D,

Thanks for you good work here and your above and beyond help with issues. Rennlist is an amazing force in the Porsche ownership experience.

Cheers, Bro!
Here!Here!

Richard- Sorry to hear of your problems. Hope you can get it resolved.

Quick Reply: Warning: Frontline used Porsche parts in Pennsylvania