Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2001, 04:28 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

Greg,

What is that front end, GT2? Very aggressive. Looks as though its housing several oil coolers, or at least 1 large one. Is yours the same?

Thanks,
Sam
Old 07-12-2001, 05:31 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Sam, My front end is identical. If you go to gt-racing you will see the nose, they call it a G-type front nose. It is different than the GT-2. You can put an oil cooler in the center but I did a different set up. My oil coolers are on the two sides. One where the factory cooler is and the other in place of the compressor. There is even an additional splitter you can add if you need more downforce.

EJ,
If you are talking about my wife you might as well leave the camera at home. The only person I know that takes worse pictures may be my mother-in-law.
Greg
Old 07-12-2001, 05:52 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Greg Fishman:
<STRONG>If you are talking about my wife you might as well leave the camera at home. The only person I know that takes worse pictures may be my mother-in-law. </STRONG>
Or my wife. She has to hold one eye closed with her finger to look through the viewfinder since she can't wink. Too funny. LOL!!
Old 07-12-2001, 09:15 PM
Larry T.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greg,

I too love the look of the front bumper/spoiler, but does it require different front fenders? It looks like they are wider than stock.

Larry
Old 07-12-2001, 09:39 PM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by E. J. - 95 Carrera - No. Va.:
<STRONG> So they took a 993 body and used the running gear of a 964 turbo. </STRONG>
The car in the picture is not a 993 body.
Check the position of the windscreen wipers arms.
It's a 964 or even older.
Old 07-12-2001, 10:19 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Larry,
My car is a C2S and the fenders are stock, I can't speak of the black car in the earlier post. I will get EJ to put up some pics in a couple weeks after we get back from VIR.
The nose should also work with a narrow bodied coupe. My nose is not as pretty because I don't have fog lights so it is just open into the area where the oil coolers are. I bought the nose from a guy who fitted it and used it once or twice and decided to go to a different style and he had covered over the center opening with an aluminum panel. I use the lower outer ducts to run cooling hose to the breaks.

Gert,
EJ posted earlier that it was a 993-bodied car with a 964 turbo drivetrain, and maybe a even earlier frame. Good eye I would not have known to look at the wipers.
Old 07-12-2001, 10:29 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anyone's interested I have one of these noses in carbon fiber. I've decided I'm not gonna use it. Email me jc@fusionplace.com if interested.
Old 07-12-2001, 11:36 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

The "donor" car for the conversion was an '89.
Old 07-13-2001, 02:44 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Here is the picture of my car. You can see the similarities

Old 07-13-2001, 02:48 PM
Sam N
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Greg,

Very nice. Are you using any fiberglass panels from the company that you posted the link to? Is the car streetable? Looks like your rear tires are wider than a TT's.

Sam
Old 07-13-2001, 03:51 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sam,
Thanks for the compliment. I haven't used any of the panels from GT-Racing, I bought mine used but they were made by MA Shaw. They are a pain to get to fit right, or even close to right. If you were paying someone to do the fitment you could probably spend as much on labor as you did on the panel. My suggestion would be to find factory parts or do the body work yourself. BTW the fenders and doors are stock per PCA rules for stock classes.
The car is a C2S. The rear wheels are 11" but I was still running 285's on them. Now I have 305's on the rear and 275's in the front. The car is street legal I guess, since it still has the cat's but an open exhaust. The interior is basically gutted, no A/C, full role cage. Besides that it is too low and the suspension is to harsh for street use. I have 700# springs with monoball shock mounts and camber plates.

Quick Reply: 993 Narrow or Wide Body??