993 Forum 1995-1998

help with DAS rollbar install

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 02:44 AM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by KRA993tt
I did not rubber coat up in there as I think I still have dust from Germany up there. Not much gets up there.
You did nice work up there.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:51 AM
KRA993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie,

I read what was going on on your other anti-sub thread. Just to clarify what I am doing is what the mfg. of the belts I have recommends. I am using Schroth 6-point belts with clip on ends. They depict the anti-sub belt coming from a point 20 degrees either side of a line (fore and aft) drawn straight down from the hole in the bottom of the seat.

"Never run the anti-submarining strap backwards. It is not designed to be a body restraint. It only helps to keep the lap belt in place during a crash to reduce the risk of submarining."

That is a quote from the instructions I got with this type of belt. I don't think the belts I have would even reach the lap belt mounting points.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:58 AM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 474 Posts

Thanks for looking at the other thread Keith. I have decided to mount the sub belt through the floor like you did. Even if going through the side holes is ok I am not comforatble with the idea of the sub belt wrapping around my thighs to clip in. Also, coming up though the hole will be a cleaner install since I also want to keep the three point factory belts intact. Thanks again. I will be refrencing your pics for sure.

Jamie

Quick Reply: help with DAS rollbar install