Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Think I've Decided....Arena Red Pic Request

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 10:17 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

For me I would rather get a stock ride and put my own creativity in it. It might cost more in the long run but at least you can be driving a car that you created and put your own hard earned money in it. I don't want to own/drive a car that has someone else's identity. Plus if it's stock with low miles you know it wasn't abused. Just my $0.02
Old 04-05-2004, 10:23 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd take the '97. Bone Stock. I'd rather go through the exciting practice of modifying the car myself with the add-ons that I wanted...not what someone else decided.

In addition, I like the 1 owner car factor. Granted the '96 has a paper trail......but 3 owners ?? Not to say it isn't a sweet car....but....you just don't know for certain what the other 2 owners did with it ??

This is all relative Arrwin because you would be out of pocket the additional dollars for upgrades/modifications on the '97 and I/we are not aware of your "Slippery Slope Budget" !!

But rest assured, if you hang around here long enough....you'll find ways to work in money to burn on the car !!!

Cont'd good luck !!

Are these cars priced the same ???
Old 04-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Chris W. - '96 Targa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Priced the same, if the mods are ones you'd want to do anyway, I'd go with the already-modified car. If the mods aren't something you would have wanted to do yourself, I wouldn't pay extra for someone else having done it already.

Mileage isn't that significant for the cars mentioned, unless you're not planning to drive it much. I'm assuming the 30k service was done for the modified car?

A couple of other things to note re: '96 vs. '97

* An aftermarket ECU chip can't be put on a '96 without replacing the ECU with one from '97-'98.
* The '97 has the passenger airbag disable connector for putting a car seat up front (of course, no big deal if you don't have small children).

Other than that, I'd look at the option lists, mods, color combo, general condition, PPI results, and decide from there.

Either way, you'll love it.

-Chris
Old 04-06-2004, 02:01 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes. Let's assume both cars are priced the same. I'm not sure if I would be utilizing all the mods to it's full potential the owner intended it for, but I would definitely think the suspension would have to be changed on an 8 yr. old car and the PSS9's would be a strong candidate since their so heralded here. I have no doubt that the mods were done right and were chosen carefully for both street/track use. All stock parts that the mods replaced come along with the car.

With that said, were there any differences between the '96 vs. '97/'98 C4S's?

Quick Reply: I Think I've Decided....Arena Red Pic Request