Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2001, 10:21 AM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Zymol

What do you guys think of Zymol?
I have just taken the plunge and ordered one of their kits with the Ital wax - the rep. suggested that this would suit my Midnight blue. Also the kit has a leather polish with included - is this any good ?
Regards
Tito.
Old 06-10-2001, 10:28 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have used their products. I think the leather polish is as good as you can find. I love the look of the car after Zymol wax, but I don't feel it lasts very long. You will really like the way your car looks after using their products.
Old 06-10-2001, 10:55 AM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

I hear that the wax looks great , but only lasts a short time. Thanks for the reply
Tito
Old 06-10-2001, 01:45 PM
H. Miller
Racer

You might have bought it from www.carcareonline.com ?
If not, this is a good site for information on how to take care of cars and what to use. It's a little self serving but check out the information articles, they're very helpful.
Old 06-10-2001, 05:19 PM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

I bought it from the Zymol site, but I shall check out the site you mentioned. Thanks
Old 06-11-2001, 03:01 AM
Steve in the UK
Instructor

I have used Zymol for the last 9 months on my midnight blue C2. The car wash solution is brilliant stuff(I'm just about gong to buy some more). I bought the carbon wax, light blue and smells of coconut. Easy to put on and buff off, although uses lots of terry towels(I bought a six pack of terry nappies rather than the Zymol offerings - bigger surface area and far more cost effective. In the UK the wax does a great job, but with our weather it really needs to be done every 2 weeks. The leather polish works well and smells f ripe bananas. I have come across other products that do the job just as well for much lower cost, however they don't smell as good.

Enjoy your waxing.
Old 06-11-2001, 05:31 AM
Peter UK
AutoX

Cool

Have used Zymol for over 3 years, on a Z3 2.8 and now my C4. I find that wax now lasts about 3 to 4 months, whereas before it lasted 6 months. Maybe becuase of more grime on roads, aslo perhaps as use the C4 more than the Z3 for day to day.

The HD-Cleanse is excellent for bird s**t as it removes the chemical components that eat into the paint. Also good when accidently spilt liquid plant food on the Z3 (only a small patch). The feed stained the paint and refused to come off, until I challenged Zymol at an exhibition. They invited me to bring the car round, and in 5 minutes it was gone - just HD-Cleanse and some wax!

Wouldn't change to another product.
Old 06-11-2001, 08:01 AM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cool

Thanks guys.
I just have to wait for it to arrive and then for a rain free day at the weekend.
Cheers
Tito
Old 06-12-2001, 09:14 AM
Stuart Ross UK 1996 C4
Advanced

Talking

I am also a very happy Zymol user. I used the Titanium wax on my Polar silver and got a fantastic finish. So much so that I just upgraded to using the Concourse, and yes it was worth it.

I tend to HD-Cleanse and Zymol about twice per year, and then just using Auto-Glym Liqued Hard Wax every now and again as a quick once over on top. Keeps the finish for ages !!!

I would also highly recommend the Zymol Wheel Cleaner.

Regards

Stuart
Old 06-12-2001, 09:56 AM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

I really thought long and hard about the concourse, but opted for the Ital in the end. Was the difference that notable? I may opt for it next time.
I have not heard of Autoglym liquid hard wax, only the super resin polish etc, where is it available?
Regards
Tito.
Old 06-12-2001, 10:01 AM
Stuart Ross UK 1996 C4
Advanced

I got a slightly deeper shine with the Concourse, I also found it so much easier to apply. I was also told it will last longer.

I can't comment on that yet, I only applied Concourse last week. As to Autoglym, I could not find Hard Wax last time I tried so I used the Super-Resin instead, the results were the same !!

Regards

Stuart
Old 06-12-2001, 10:30 AM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

thanks

Quick Reply: Zymol