993 Forum 1995-1998

A Bra for Fathers Day

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2001, 03:57 PM
Doug Malone
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A Bra for Fathers Day

I will suggest to my better half a bra for fathers day, but which one? My concern relates to clearance on my lowered 96 C4S when my track tires are on (245-18). There isn't alot of clearance and I am concerned the bra mounting clips/straps/etc might rub. Does anyone have any idea which would be better for a tight clearance wheel well, Colgan or Porsche, or something elese (don't want mag bra)?

TIA,

Doug
96 C4S
Old 06-10-2001, 11:46 PM
Jim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I don't know about the rest of the members, but my immediate reaction was that you were asking about a different type of of "bra for fathers day", and no, a magnetic one would not be good
Old 06-11-2001, 10:49 AM
Curtis - '97 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pushing for no bra for father's day...
Old 06-11-2001, 09:38 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

First of all, Colgan makes the Porsche one. About the only difference is the Porsche seal on the hood piece on the Porsche one. Then again, I don't think you can get the front license plate delete on the Porsche model. You won't have a problem with rubbing the bra; car bottom will hit first.

For info, stopped using my Colgan bra. Was abrading the paint around the fender area. Get the Stonguard/Invisishield/Armourfend/ etc. clear plastic applique; have it done by a professional.

And yes - agree with others. Bra is probably a better Mother's Day gift than Father's Day. Good luck; hope you get more than a lump of coal.
Old 06-13-2001, 04:48 PM
MarkY
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jimmy Mc:
<STRONG>I don't know about the rest of the members, but my immediate reaction was that you were asking about a different type of of "bra for fathers day", and no, a magnetic one would not be good </STRONG>
I have a MagBra and am very happy with it. If used correctly it will NOT harm the finish of your car.

Quick Reply: A Bra for Fathers Day