Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger Install finished! Feel like I'm driving a beast! (Better pics this time)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 05:17 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Supercharger Install finished! Feel like I'm driving a beast! (Better pics this time)

My God, is this thing wicked fast! Just blew by a newer vette (not sure if was a Z06). Just as I was driving back home, I pulled up to it. Some kid driving it revved his engine, and I just took off while he was still spinning his wheels. Caught up to me as I hit 70mph. I slowed down for the next light, and the kid pulls up next to me and asks if I have a Chevy 350 in it! We pulled over at a nearby Wendys and the kid almost peed his pants looking at the engine. Well, here are the pics.

Old 03-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 725 Likes on 335 Posts

Wow, very professional looking. Oh boy you're going to get into some trouble Have fun doing it though. Very nice.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:26 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! I wish I lived next door to you to get a ride and experience it first hand in the passanger seat! Someday I think I'll take that plunge too!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:27 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 492 Posts

Congratualtions! Looks awesome. I know you have had a bit of a wait and I am glad to see and hear that is was worth it. Any dyno numbers? Wow, just looked at it again, really looks great. Enjoy.

Jamie
Old 03-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thx Randy & ceboyd. It's like I just picked up a new car.

ceboyd,
I think the chicagoland folks are planning a get-together sometime soon. We can all drool over each other's cars then.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Derrick B.
Racer

I too am impressed with the nicely detailed installation. The arena red fan is a nice touch.

It would be quite the killer sleeper if it didn't have the tail. People will probably think its a turbo.

Absolutely awesome!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:33 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Sachin

Damn, that is a fine looking installation. Perhaps a winter 04-05 project for my car? Thanks for the photos.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Temple
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great pics! Can you provide more info on what its like? (i.e., do you hear the supercharger whine? Is it simply 'stronger' across the powerband or does it pick up at XXX rpms? How does it feel compared to a TT (if you have driven one), etc., etc.?

Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:40 PM
phatbut
Racer

Very..very NICE. Congratss!! Sachrin...how much was the total bill, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-15-2004, 05:40 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

beautiful.

& i'm sure it sounds equally beautiful.

& i'm sure it feels even more beautiful!!!

d y n o !!! por-favor'!!!!

gosh... i'd love to drop all excess weight off my cab & do that. sleepers rule! can you say... surprise!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:47 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Sachin Misra
Thx Randy & ceboyd. It's like I just picked up a new car.

ceboyd,
I think the chicagoland folks are planning a get-together sometime soon. We can all drool over each other's cars then.
Hey, that sounds great!

...but I haven't even taken mine out of storage YET.. I've got all these goodies to go on piling up but haven't even taken it out yet for it's spring oil change.... ...guess I better get going otherwise I'll have to show up in my winter beater
Old 03-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default More details...

I did install RSR mufflers, but they are drowned out by the whine of the blower (inside the car). However on the outside it's a perfect blend of throaty muffler sound with the whoosh of the blower. Turns heads for sure.

As far as performance is concerned, it actually feels more torquey than a TT, although it's been quite some time since I've driven a TT. The power comes on whenever you need it, but you can really feel it from around 3K rpm to redline.

You will get OBDII errors for the intake, such as Varioram flap not working (of course since its not there anymore) but it does NOT trigger the CEL. I'll be glad to answer any other questions.

PS: The kit itself is not that good from an install standpoint. They had to fabricate a lot of bracketry to make it look nice. They do have templates for all this stuff, so they can replicate it again.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Total bill was around $11K, but that included a new distributor ($800 + $200 labor), new boost guage ($350), painted fan, and some other stuff.

I'd say wo the extras probably around $9,500.

Haven't dynoed it, because I can't find a place that can handle AWD (and that I can trust). If anyone knows of one in the Chicagoland area, please let me know.

My butt says HP is around 400, (comparing it to an 03 Vette)
Old 03-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like a proper job. And the sound of a blown motor (not stifled by turbos in the exhaust system) can be quite a harmony of gears and good old air-cooled clanging. Is there claimed gains from the kit? Plans for a dyno run?

Is that paint-to-match on the fan? With clear-coat?

My fan is looking rough. I'm thinking it needs a nice coat of Polar Silver Metallic (as do the chin and side-skirts ... maybe after track season ...)

Nice car all round. This certainly puts you in rare company for modifications.

Last edited by Carrera GT; 03-15-2004 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:02 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

so who did the install? (if you don't mind my asking?)

Quick Reply: Supercharger Install finished! Feel like I'm driving a beast! (Better pics this time)