Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger Install finished! Feel like I'm driving a beast! (Better pics this time)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 06:32 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by CMJ
I have the same install here in the UK. Bought it on the car and not quite got it as I would like. Do you get any hesitation if you floor the throttle or try to move off in to high a gear ? Is the power steady all the way to the redline ? Mine hesitates like there may be a fuel mapping issue and also can dip power around 5600 revs. However when its on the money it really flies......
Tried to up load some pics but I suspect this might not of worked
You may want to check with TPC as they are always updating the software. It may be worth a call and talk direct to them as to how best to solve the hesitation, etc....

LOL
Old 11-07-2004, 06:49 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Yesterday I was at TPC to see JW's intercooled set up. Great car, great guy! Mike and Tom of TPC and JW really liked my install. Tom got me the latest belt and shim (csr front end alignment shim) to set things right. The shim goes between the spacer and the tension support bracket at the lowest bolt under the tensioner. The belt is an improved brand (DAYCO Dynaflex #490K6), it's shorter and puts more tension on the belt. I put this on last night, no small task. I noticed some slight scrape markes on the air duct from the fan blades. I will be replacing the fan bearings right away before bigger problems occur. I adjusted the throttle for full opening, was short by about 1/8" from wide open. I will be getting the car into TPC so they can check things out, dyno, and fine tune.

Those with the older belt may want to consider upgrading to the newer belt. LOL
Old 11-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like you're getting good product support -- did the TPC people mention a debug sequence or other diagnostic processes you might be able to do yourself.

I recently declined a supercharger installation request, but I'm open to reconsidering the job if I find a company with good response to supporting technicians and customers.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: Supercharger Install finished! Feel like I'm driving a beast! (Better pics this time)