Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger Install finished! Feel like I'm driving a beast! (Better pics this time)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 06:10 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by ceboyd
so who did the install? (if you don't mind my asking?)
Installed by Euroquipe in St.Charles, IL. Very very good honest professional guys. They specialize in Porsches, BMWs and I think soon on Minis & MB.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:26 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sachin,

Very nice. Might have been the route I would have taken if the kit was 50 state emissions legal. Are you having any luck with the intercooler fabrication/modification?
Old 03-15-2004, 06:30 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by adsc4s
Sachin,

Very nice. Might have been the route I would have taken if the kit was 50 state emissions legal. Are you having any luck with the intercooler fabrication/modification?
Thx. The IC & Skip's carbon intake are next on the list. They just wanted to get the car back to me, so I could enjoy it for a little bit before it has to go back in.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Does the blower have heat-shielding underneath?
Does it run it's own oil or share with the engine?
It's a twin-screw from the casing, but what's the brand?
It looks like the cone filter could do with a cold air box and maybe a rain screen.
What's the system for engine management?
Is this a '96 or a '97 engine?
What else was done to the engine (cooling, strenghtening, exhaust, fuel supply)?
What other modifications are on the car (suspension, brakes, gauges)?
How many miles?
Did they change the compression ratio?
Does it need the turbo tail or could it all fit under a more stealthy arrangement just to clear the blower drive.
Can I ask any more inane questions? ... I'd read the EuroQuipe site, but it doesn't seem to go into details.

Cheers,
Old 03-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow Carrera CT that's a lot of questions...I'll try to answer as much as I can.

Heat sheilding...None. Went for a sprited drive and the blower didn't feel too hot.

Blower is not Oil cooled...Sealed bearings. Some other guys have put on over 25K miles and have no issues with it.

It is an Eaton twin screw. Not a M90, it's a lower # but I'm not sure which one M60 maybe?

Using the TPC piggyback EM system (came with the kit) & 7th injector in Intake manifold.

Yes cold air-box is next. I've already got one, but need we need to fabricate an adapter to get it to bolt up to the throttle body intake.

Stock 96 3.6 NA engine before install. Nothing else done to the engine, stock compression, running aprox 6.5 lbs boost. RSR mufflers (not stock, but its for sound only)

32K miles on car. Since its an "S" car... stock brakes & suspension.

Just the supercharger & required mods do not necessitate a turbo tail. Everything fits under the stock hood. I aready had a turbo tail, so I kept it. If you want to fit an IC under there like the TT then you have to use a turbo tail. If you use a small enough IC I guess you could fit it under the stock hood.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:54 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I'd love to know if a Chicagoland get together comes to pass.

Sachin- I thought I heard claims of about 100hp with a supercharger, so I'd think you could only expect 370 or so at best. No?

[edit. delete dumb intercooler question]

Oh, and an audi friend told me about a AWD dyno around here somewhere...I'll let you know.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:01 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Eric86Red911

Eric,

I think it would be really cool to have a Rennlist get-together. I'm thinking maybe after tax season?

As far as HP is concerned I'm just going by my butt dyno. You could be right it's probably around 370bhp. That's why I want to get it on a real dyno. I actually want to do 2 passes. One wo IC and one after IC.

As far as the 996 ICs are concerned, Euroquipe checked the flow rates on them and they came to the conclusion that it would choke the flow because of the small inlet/outlet diameters. They will be going up on eBay soon. Even a custom fabbed IC will be cheaper ($1K-$1.5K) than what TPC wants to charge ($3K)

Let me know what date sounds good to you guys.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:05 PM
Shant Ohannessian
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sachin,
Thats amazing! Congrads! the wait is finally over. Maybe you can get a video recording from the interior. Would love to hear that thing go!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:13 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Sachin,

Great project.

You're running stock compression (11.3:1) and add .37 bar (5.4 #s) of boost! I wonder how it might affect the longivity of the engine. Can you get by with pump gas?

CP
Old 03-15-2004, 08:21 PM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by CP
Sachin,

Great project.

You're running stock compression (11.3:1) and add .37 bar (5.4 #s) of boost! I wonder how it might affect the longivity of the engine. Can you get by with pump gas?

CP
We have been keeping a close eye on everything. Right now the only thing that worries me is the charge air temp. I only put BP Amoco 93 ultimate in it and no detonation problems. I'm however going to add the IC asap, this should lower the charge air temp to somewhere close to ambient. I didn't want to monkey with the inards, that's why I went with the TPC solution. If I were to run any higher boost I'd consider lowering the compression.

BTW, my boost guage actually registered 6.5psi most of the time.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:26 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sachin, Very cool looking motor! Looks very well done!

Congrates!
Old 03-15-2004, 08:29 PM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you considered, or asked your mechanics about water/methanol injection. I've used it in the past, and it can lower intake air temps quite drastically, and illiminate chances of detonation...
Just an idea.
Looks great! I had considered a 95 993 with the notion of the TPC... So many people said to stay away... But I love the "now" torque of a supercharger! It's like a V8!
Get that sucker on a dyno soon! Also have them check the air fuel ratio while it's on there! Make sure it's safe!

Greg
Old 03-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sachin,

Just wild. From what I can see, the Euroquipe install is fabulous. I see they also feature your C4S on their web site.

The best of luck with the the new mod and thanks for sharing.

Sincerely envious,

Dave
Old 03-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very impressive looking job done there. I am sure you will have a lot of fun this summer on some back roads. Get that MONSTER on the track!!!!! Is there a lot of lag in her? Best wishes - Jay Gratton
Old 03-15-2004, 10:06 PM
max911
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 66 Posts

Looks very nice.......and i am sure the torque is "right there" when you want it !! instant torque =instant gratification

The extra power will mean extra responsibility though!!

do NOT look at the following pictures if you are upset by photos of horribly wrecked 993s....

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/crshd9931b.jpg

http://forums.rennlist.com/upload/crshd9932b.jpg

max

Quick Reply: Supercharger Install finished! Feel like I'm driving a beast! (Better pics this time)