993 Forum 1995-1998

Memo to HWFMR Team mates: The Team needs pics of your track cars

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 03:29 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Eyal

"It was late at night, pouring rain, and I have very bald, old tires on the car. Their not even round mind you. (damn flat spots!) Well, I am still learning my car and RWD, since I only have a 1000 or two miles on the car. I owned FWD before. Well I came around a turn, excelrating until I decided fast enough for the conditions."

We have to talk about your team membership. Sorry, but there is a minimum intelligence requirement...
Old 02-26-2004, 03:37 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike could I join HWFM racing if we race bikes? is there a HWFM motocross
division here is me in my old track car clearing a 120' supercross double
well maybe it was a 10' jump on a 20' table top at Glen helen but
I was still slow!
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2004, 03:55 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by OldGuy
...but I was still slow!
If the camera can pick up the individual spokes of your wheels while you're "zipping" by, then you've got a great chance at making the team. If you haven't noticed, most of the track pics have highly visible spokes in the shot... just as you'd expect for HWFM teammates.

I would imagine, however, that warnings are appropriate to the one or two members who submitted pics that contained blurry wheel spokes... I'll leave the next steps to the team president and the infractions committee.

If you see a summons in your e-mail...
Old 02-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mike in Chi
Eyal

"It was late at night, pouring rain, and I have very bald, old tires on the car. Their not even round mind you. (damn flat spots!) Well, I am still learning my car and RWD, since I only have a 1000 or two miles on the car. I owned FWD before. Well I came around a turn, excelrating until I decided fast enough for the conditions."

We have to talk about your team membership. Sorry, but there is a minimum intelligence requirement...
Hey, I don't feel anything of what I did was based on lack of intelligence. I think it was based on lack of experience. If you want to kick me out for lack of experience, fine. But this was not an intelligence issue. I was 5 miles per hour slower then the speed limit. at 40 MPH, I don't have any experience otherwise telling me thats to fast. I owned a civic once, when it had bald tires, I could have probably taken that turn at 60 in the same conditions. It really wasn't much of a turn, it changed direction maybe 20 or 30 degrees, and quite gradually. I am 20, and have no experience in RWD, on the track, anything. Your telling me when you were young, you never did anything dumb? if you say yes, I'll find it very hard to believe. Many of these team members have likely crashed/totalled cars in their past, some because they were pushing to hard. Does that make them dumb? I'm sorry, but there is a large difference between lack of experience, and lack of intelligence, and when it comes to intelligence, i can tell you there is nothing missing there for me. If I were to teach you how to fly an airplane (if you aren't already a pilot) you would make many mistakes in the beginning, some that could end up fatal or in a crash situation if I wouldn't be there to correct them. It's all in perspective. I hold a private pilot's license, I have enough experience to safely fly an airplane. I made a mistake, yes. Could I have been more cautious? yes. Was what I did an action of a person who lacks mental abilities? In no way. I can understand if you don't want me around for say, lack of maturity, or lack of experience, but I am quite offended when you blatantly call me dumb. It's real easy to sit behind a computer screen and make accusations at people you know nothing about. You know nothing of me, aside from this story I told you. Prove me wrong, but i think almost each and every one of you have such a story in their past, or maybe even present or future.
Would you like me to remove the HWFM line from my signature?
~Eyal
Old 02-26-2004, 04:07 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Jay's picture should be some kind of "how to do it" photo and place under the text on team shirt's backside!
Yeah, maybe Darren should get an honorary membership for doing such a great job visually defining the team's mantra @ 100 MPH backwards

Big T,
By the way, do you have any more stickers by any chance. Mine went with the cupcar & I will have no excuses for my slow, offline behavior in the RSA without a sticker properly afixed.

Robert,
I will be there all week. I'm doing the racecar concourse Monday, Instructing in the DE Wed./Thurs. & Club racing Fri./Sat. I haved scored a condo @ the speedway & will be throwing a team meeting one evening during the week. I'm buyin'!! Details will follow when we get closer to Parade date.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:30 PM
SkipSauls
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This ought to make Pin's car faster:

Since driver abilities are in question, I submit a few pictures of me in my first 993 as evidence of my right to be on the team:

Take a close look at the driver-side rear tire...
Old 02-26-2004, 04:40 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

I know I was accepted early on but I don't have a job title to add to my signature (resume).
Old 02-26-2004, 04:49 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

THis is me turning. Now I am so slow I can turn the bike in
a near verticle postion, which if you follow motocross is
nearly impossible to do without being stopped!
Most fast guys are nearly horizontal!
What do you guys think HWFM motocross rep??
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2004, 04:50 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here's one for Joe L. I am sure he will appreciate.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:53 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seeing all these dents just gave me an idea. Maybe we can have some of those big Bandaids made with the HWFMR logo on them to attach after those classic turtle moments we are so well known for
Old 02-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Eyal

Next time I will put a smilie face at the end of the message.

I've obviously deeply offended you.

It was meant as a needle, with some truth behind it.

Bald, flat spotted tires in pouring rain, especially when you don't know the car, is a very bad combination.

HWFMR is not a Crash Club. I don't want people thinking that it is.

We have fun with the fact that we are not among the fastest ones on the Track. (although some actually are)

Sorry, but I get very uncomfortable when people startt celebrating bad moves on public roads.

Yep, we all make mistakes. Lots of 'em. I publish most of mine right here.

But I don't know you. All I know is you drive corners in the pouring rain on bald tires at close to the speeds you'd use in the dry.

You said "I wasn't sure if to be embaressed, or HWFM proud"

I don't want anyone getting hurt who has a misinterpretation of what HWFMR is all about.

You asked to be part of the team. As to whether you want HWFMR in your signature, I'll leave that to you.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:08 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see your point. What I said was more sarcastic then anything else. I know it was a bad move, and in no way was I celebrating it. Maybe the way I wrote it was my way of dealing with I suck at driving my car. Probably the difference in mentalities of a mere kid vs an adult, I don't think as far into what I right as maybe I should have. You raise a very valid point, and in light of your post, I realize i screwed up and should not have posted it in the first place. My sincere apologies for the slander of the HWFR racing team name. I guess this would fall into the immature pile. Well, I'll remove the title in my signature, for now so that I don't further disgrace your efforts. Maybe I'll approach you about it in a year or in some time.
It's funny, I read the 911 forums (especially 993) because the people that post here are much more mature then the 944/951 forums, where it gets on my nerves over there. There are more interesting people here as well, but I merely became the immature nuisance here.
My apologies once more.
~Eyal
Old 02-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Eyal

I respect your post, and you for making it. thank you.

I don't think you slandered HWFMR. I do worry that it can be misunderstood, or that someone will damage their cars or themselvesas a result.

Finally, every team needs a Tyke. No need to wait a year.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:30 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

I like the band aid idea. My track car was damaged at CMP last fall when someone clipped me in a corner (he got the 13). Still have not had it fixed. A band aid would be perfect.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:31 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mike in C
now that you and eyal have settled could you review
my app? I am pretty slow in motocross and working
my way up to track my turbo. at the rate my wife is letting me
have money that should be 2010.

Quick Reply: Memo to HWFMR Team mates: The Team needs pics of your track cars