Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Need help with option codes.....???? (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/11566-need-help-with-option-codes.html)

ploglet 12-18-2002 02:07 PM

Need help with option codes.....????

Anyone know what M codes:
M337
M850
M894 stand for?????

and then there are the following numbers:
09981 and 09991

Any ideas. They are not listed on the p-car.com site. They are listed on the TT I am looking at.
Thanks.

Kevin Reilly 12-18-2002 02:35 PM

From <a href="http://www.kindel.com/Porsche/options.asp" target="_blank">Porsche Option Decoder</a> 09991 means "manufactured from the exclusive programme"

ploglet 12-18-2002 04:56 PM

What on earth does "manufactured from the exclusive programme" mean? I have never heard of that. Where did you find that?

tom_993 12-18-2002 05:28 PM

[quote]Originally posted by ploglet:
<strong>What on earth does "manufactured from the exclusive programme" mean? I have never heard of that. Where did you find that?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I’ve got a guess on this one. It's just a guess, though, I don’t have anything to back this up. I’m guessing that “manufactured from the exclusive programme” means that someone went to a dealer, picked out the options they wanted, and ordered the car from the factory. This code is just a flag for this.

Cars that are not “manufactured from the exclusive programme” are the ones that were sent to dealers and sold off the lot.

Tom
’95 993

STLPCA 12-18-2002 05:53 PM

Porsche's exclusive programme allows the purchaser to customize the car with features beyond the listed or standard options, such as paint/dye to sample exterior or interior, leather covering almost anything, engine mods, etc. The limits are basically imagination and budget.

AFAIK, other than checking w/PAG or PCNA there's no way to tell from the sticker what specific item(s) moved a car into the exclusive programme.

Tom
Build to spec from the standard option list is routine and not part of the exclusive programme.

ploglet 12-18-2002 06:04 PM

any idea then what the 09981 stands for?

Knute 12-18-2002 06:17 PM

It's my understanding that the "Porsche Exclusive Program" relates specifically to special trim packages, like special paint colors, leather dyed to sample, etc. to allow people with gobs of money to create personalized, one of a kind cars.

Does the 993TT you're looking at have any oddball colors? This is how it got them...

[Edited to add this note: Doh! Dan in St. Louis already answered this question... That'll teach me to get distracted for 20 minutes in the middle of composing a reply! :-) ]
-Knute

tom_993 12-18-2002 06:26 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Dan 96C2 St.Louis:
<strong>Porsche's exclusive programme allows the purchaser to customize the car with features beyond the listed or standard options, such as paint/dye to sample exterior or interior, leather covering almost anything, engine mods, etc. The limits are basically imagination and budget.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

I thought that was the "special wishes" department. You could have your engine painted in pink enamel if you wanted.

A lot of us (myself included) have option 09991, but don’t have anything that isn’t a standard option.

Mr Michael B 12-18-2002 06:30 PM

Actually,

"Porsche Exclusive Program" can mean something as minor as leather covered gauge bezels.

A few of your option codes are "Porsche Exclusive Program" items. They bolted them on, and this car was tagged w/ that label. Its that simple. It does not have to mean that it was painted - or interior prepped - a special color. :)

ploglet 12-18-2002 06:36 PM

The car doesnt seem to have anything that is odd ball out of the ordinary. It is a 96' TT. Black with tan leather over the sport seats. Looks like everything else is normal. How can I find out what is different on this car? I suppose I could call the dealership to find this out? Would they have any information on it?

STLPCA 12-18-2002 07:23 PM

<strong>How can I find out what is different on this car?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Try calling PCNA Customer Satisfaction in Atlanta. As Michael B. said, it could be anything, even very minor, that took the car out of the routine production process.

Here's an example of a non-cosmetic exclusive programme upgrade:

<a href="http://www3.us.porsche.com/english/usa/clubs/worldwide/clubnews/cw0202/leistung.htm" target="_blank">Porsche "Exclusive" programme engine mod for 996 TT and Carrera</a>

ploglet 12-18-2002 07:27 PM

Thanks for the information Dan. I will check into it. I bet I have a special handbrake or something great like that!

tom_993 12-18-2002 08:16 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Michael B.:
<strong>Actually,

"Porsche Exclusive Program" can mean something as minor as leather covered gauge bezels.

A few of your option codes are "Porsche Exclusive Program" items. They bolted them on, and this car was tagged w/ that label. Its that simple. It does not have to mean that it was painted - or interior prepped - a special color. :) </strong><hr></blockquote>

So you’re saying that something like my option code XD4, “Porsche Crest Rim Caps,” results in option codes XD4 and 09991 being listed? (Just choosing XD4 as an example, this might not have been the one that triggered 09991).

Mr Michael B 12-18-2002 08:49 PM

Yes Tom. That is what I am sure is the case.

I dont think rim caps are one of them... But I think you got the idea.

I do think that some handbrake & shifter options count as exclusive like Ploglet mentions.

Kevin Reilly 12-18-2002 09:09 PM

<strong>What on earth does "manufactured from the exclusive programme" mean? I have never heard of that. Where did you find that?</strong><hr></blockquote>

This one came up a few times in the infamous archives. Read Viken's response - he says you need to call PCNA to get the particulars.

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=003391" target="_blank">Exclusive-programme</a>