Right Side Lights Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 07:26 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Right Side Lights Not Working

Hi guys,

Seems like none of the lights on the right side (passenger side) is not working. I thought it was bulbs (coincidentally failing at the same time), but replaced them and still not working? Is there a fuse?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-18-2019, 10:30 PM
GC96
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you mean that the right side head light and marker lights (front and back) are not working? Are the turn signals working? There are separate fuses for the headlights and marker lights. There should be a listing of the fuses and relays on the cover of the fuse box. If both the headlight and all marker lights on one side are failed I would suspect the headlight switch.

GC
Old 04-18-2019, 11:17 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GC96
Do you mean that the right side head light and marker lights (front and back) are not working? Are the turn signals working? There are separate fuses for the headlights and marker lights. There should be a listing of the fuses and relays on the cover of the fuse box. If both the headlight and all marker lights on one side are failed I would suspect the headlight switch.

GC
Thanks for the quick reply. That's correct. The right headlight, fog light, nor taillight are working. Turn signals are OK. Sounds like a fuse then? Will check tomorrow when there is "light". No pun intended.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:33 PM
GC96
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Each of those lights is on a separate fuse. You should check them but I suspect they are fine. The common point(s) they all share is the headlight switch itself and the wiring harness between it and the fusebox. If the fuses are okay, I would pull the connector off the light switch and check that there is no corrosion/oxydation on the terminals and that the wiring isn't coming loose from the connector. If that looks okay I would do some continuity checks on the switch itself to see if it is working as it should.

GC
Old 04-19-2019, 09:30 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,018 Posts

If this is too hard to read PM me with your regular, non-Rennlist, email address and I will forward it to you., Andy
Old 04-19-2019, 05:19 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Red face

Originally Posted by pp000830

If this is too hard to read PM me with your regular, non-Rennlist, email address and I will forward it to you., Andy
Thanks Andy!

Quick update: Just changed tried and change out the fuse for the foglight (#14) to no avail. Still not working. So I assume its not a fuse issue and perhaps the headlight switch as GC as suggested.

Disclaimer: I am not the most mechanically inclined, so this may just be out of my skill level.

Quick Reply: Right Side Lights Not Working