Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Has anyone tried Ceika coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 09:59 PM
skyboy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has anyone tried Ceika coilovers?

A search generated a bit of chatter over in the 996 forum. Curious to see if anyone has anything to say about Ceika coilovers for 993.

I have a 98 cab with about 40k miles running on the stock North American suspension and ride height. I bought it last summer and the suspension passed a dealer ppi, meaning there were no leaks or anything. What I observe while driving it is it’s very noisy suspension. Any bumps I drive over results in a loud sound. There’s no feeling to go along with the sound necessarily, but if I go over a set of tracks, for example it’s “thunk thunk!” Loud. So I assume the shocks are the reason. It drives and corners fine. I have nothing to compare it to, really. Due to age alone I feel like the system needs to be replaced.

Ive read all the posts numerous times and I am confused. Are Koni FSD a current model? Or replaced by the red active ones? I’ve seen some folks happy with H and R’s with Koni yellows. Lots of good said about FSD’s with M033. I haven’t really seen an a/b between them. Enter the Ceika idea.

Im not tracking this car so pss10’s and the like aren’t really on the radar. My goals are to get a lower stance, and a nice compliant yet sporty (I know, both ends of the spectrum) ride, and something that doesn’t make it seem like the car is about to fly apart with all the suspension noise when I hit a set of tracks or a bump. It’s not rattles or anything. The car is really quite solid for a cab, just very loud bump sound when I hit bumps. I hope I’ve explained that well enough. Tires are pilot sports.

And in advance to anyone one who doesn’t want to see another suspension rabbit hole - sorry!
Old 04-03-2019, 10:57 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,202 Likes on 2,715 Posts

I recently changed over to Koni Special Active with M030 springs. My car has 43k miles and the shocks were clearly tired. I got these from Carnewal and the price was right.

I can't compare to other options, but compared to my tired OEMs, the suspension is much more compliant and poised than before.

My OEMs were not leaking, so I don't think that's a way to rule out shocks being worn out. At 20 years old and 40k miles, it's almost a certainty.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:04 AM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 93 Posts

Never heard of them. Would stick to tried and true upgrades imo
Old 04-06-2019, 07:43 PM
IainM
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 231 Posts

Anything will be a huge improvement over 20yr old Monroes
Old 04-07-2019, 02:01 AM
skyboy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You’re likely right -

trying to decide between h and r with Koni hellow and m03x with the Koni special active.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried Ceika coilovers?