Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

FS in Classifieds.....Whoa-O Black Betty! (Bam-BA-Lam)

Old 03-02-2019, 05:25 PM
DJN
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Default FS in Classifieds.....Whoa-O Black Betty! (Bam-BA-Lam)

Hey Guys and Gals,

I just posted my much loved 993 track car....it is posted in the classifieds.....see the full ad with even more photos and info here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...am-ba-lam.html

Whoa-O Black Betty (Bam-Ba-Lam!!!)….. She is one WILD ride!

A fully sorted and prepped 993 track car meticulously maintained and in excellent mechanical condition. Street Legal, and fully serviced.

ASKING: $48,600 OBO Car Located in Las Vegas!!!

**One Photo and an "Ode to Betty" below **

I am selling my sensational track mistress of the past 6 years. She has totally rocked my world since 2013.

It is now time for me to move on to my next motorsport endeavor, and pass her on to a worthy Porsche enthusiast. Betty is a wicked, BAD *** Machine. She may not be the most beautiful Porsche 911 in the entire world, but she is still one fit, curvaceous, sexy thing with her narrow body RS Clubsport areo kit, and weighing in at a svelte 2750 pounds dry.She’s just a “10” dressed up as a “3” ! Ok, maybe a "6"!!!

Indeed, her frontend paintwork and windshield is sandblasted from chasing down and passing Turbos, GT3’s, and GT4’s, and she’s got a few scuffs and dents here and there.But who really cares about a few minor cosmetic imperfections when you are in command of a “Hardcore Track Goddess”; basically street legal race car!

Betty’s heart is a factory 3.6 L flat six, professionally built, balanced, andbullet-proof with a GT3 crankshaft, custom Pauter connecting rods and a GT3 oil pump in the bottom end, and new valves, RSR valve springs with Titanium retainers and a custom single pulley/drive belt system.The A/C is long gone, if you are going to try to make Betty sweat, you are going to sweat it out too! She has a boisterous motorsport exhaust note that is the envy of any car at the track, and a favorite of track workers everywhere with her FD Motorsport Sport Cats and Stage 1 mufflers !In addition, she keeps her oil cool when the going gets extra HOT with dual oil coolers, one per front fender well.

Like any self-respecting race car, Betty has a rock hard brake pedal which is backed up with fresh 993 Turbo calipers (Big Reds) and DBA slotted rotors up front, along with rear C2 calipers, turbo portioning valve, and slotted rotors. Hawk DC60 race pads are used for excellent endurance, bite, modulation, and heat dissipation.

Her undercarriage (you will be excited to learn!) has been fortified with GT2 uprights, RSR sway bars, ERP upper dog bones and toe links, and a 2-way adjustable Moton Clubsport coil-over suspension set up with 450/650lb H&R springs with helpers. And she runs on factory hollow Turbo Twist wheels (8x18 and 10x18) with Bridgestone RE71R tires filling her fenders to the max (245/285). With these tires she is able to drive to and from the track with ease (just as a real Porsche was intended), and is set up to corner as well as any car running R-compounds or slicks. The ride is firm, supple, and pure goodness, while feedback and grip stimulate the senses to the max!

Betty’s “secret weapon” is her rebuilt close-ratio six-speed G50 gearbox with a Quaife LSD. The gears have motorsport steel synchronizers and the gear ratios have been cleverly stacked closer together to ensure that there is the perfect gear to enter every corner or straightaway on any track would you care to conquer. The effect of the close ratio transmission is like having an additional 50bhp.Please feel free to book a ride along with me to demonstrate this fact. Betty knows how to keep the driver satisfied…. and busy!

In the cockpit, she is well equipped for driver safety with a full custom welded PCA spec roll cage with OMP WRC race bucket seats on sliders and six point OMP harnesses, Rennline aluminum floorboards, fire extinguisher, and RS door panels with heavy-duty custom pulls. She currently has a MOMO Tuner Leather wrapped steering wheel installed, but I will also include an OMP Alcantera wheel with yellow leather center stripe.

Betty is totally at home on the racetrack, in fact she’s thrives there. When her tachometer is kept between 4000 and her 7200 RPM redline, it is absolute motorsport bliss. She will run all day - every day if you can afford to keep her fuel tank from going dry. No fuss, no muss!Just the business!

On the street she is BAD *** too, but one needs to deal with the additional cockpit noise from her rather healthy engine, throaty exhaust, and lack of sound insulation, as well as the natural whining from her custom motorsport gearbox and grumbling lightweight flywheel. In addition, her clutch is especially grippy, so don’t be surprised if she catches you out every once in a while pulling away from a stop sign, or embarrasses you in a parking lot. Basically she’s just telling you to take her to the racetrack, instead of duffing it around town like a wuss!

Oh Betty, …it’s not you, it’s me!I am so sorry to let you go…We can still be friends! …I do still love you!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS in Classifieds.....Whoa-O Black Betty! (Bam-BA-Lam)