WTB: 993 drivers side fog light housing. - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

WTB: 993 drivers side fog light housing.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:21 PM
pilotjosh
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default WTB: 993 drivers side fog light housing.

Iím refurbishing my fog light assemblies with new lenses and noticed a tab is partially cracked on the drivers side housing. It works, but I may as well fix it if I can.

If anyone has a used one they donít need after converting to brake duct intakes Iíd love to buy it. Lens condition and actual H3 bulb/ projector condition is not important. Iím really only interested in the plastic case.

Thanks!
Josh
Old 02-10-2019, 04:38 PM
pilotjosh
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old 02-10-2019, 07:47 PM
nine9six
Addict
Rennlist Member

Josh,

Cracked or broken tabs are typical on these fog lights. Usually if someone has a fog light with the tabs intact, they are asking a pretty penny.

If it were me, I would look to fix the holding tab with a washer held in place with JB weld.

It may not be pretty, but it's robust, cost effective, functional and cannot be seen when reassembled. $5 or $150 - $200, its your call.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:43 PM
pilotjosh
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nine9six View Post
Josh,

Cracked or broken tabs are typical on these fog lights. Usually if someone has a fog light with the tabs intact, they are asking a pretty penny.

If it were me, I would look to fix the holding tab with a washer held in place with JB weld.

It may not be pretty, but it's robust, cost effective, functional and cannot be seen when reassembled. $5 or $150 - $200, its your call.
I see your point, thanks for the reply. The one I have still works as half of the tab is still there. The hardware still works to secure the light so I really don't have to replace it. Wishful thinking maybe on my part that someone had half a set or one with a lens in poor condition.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:54 PM
TJ993
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have spares > never tried jb > Irritating having them bounce around

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: