Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Looking for Portland, Oregon Area Mechanic (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/1123165-looking-for-portland-oregon-area-mechanic.html)

EduardoForesti 01-09-2019 05:01 PM

Looking for Portland, Oregon Area Mechanic

I'm looking for a Portland, OR area (Vancouver, WA to Salem'ish, OR) based mechanic and/or shop.
Needed: 993 engine work (not-internal)
Looking for: Honest, experienced AND qualified with 993s (1997) and Cost-reasonable.
I don't care if it takes longer or need to wait longer to get in queue (I'm happy with moonlighters that are pro's by day).
I've not had good luck with some of the "more known" shops and before the next heap of work happens, I want to begin on the right foot.

Feel free to private message me if better for you.

Thank you in advance.

IainM 01-09-2019 05:12 PM

No brainer
Steve Weiner, Rennsport systems

are you there Steve?

hell be here soon😀

JD911 01-09-2019 05:19 PM

Jeff Gamroth - Rothsport Racing

mcipseric 01-10-2019 01:04 PM

those are 2 GREAT options!!!

stace 01-10-2019 02:42 PM

actually they are not good choices. both do amazing work but they don't do routine service work. Jeff does high end race work and restorations. Steve does fantastic work but on specific things - mods and race prep. I have immense respect for them both. there are a couple of other good shops though. Matrix has two locations and Heckmann Thiemann is smaller but also has a good rep. I would start with quotes from them....the dealer is not a good choice for air cooled cars. good luck

DReuther 01-10-2019 09:34 PM

Before we moved from Portland to Boston in 2011, I had my 993 serviced at Stuttgart Autotech. Always happy with the service:

Todd Jordan
Stuttgart Autotech
Phone: 503-635-3098
Email: jordant@stuttgartautotech.com

tbennett017 01-10-2019 10:44 PM

The Heckmann Thiemann building was for sale last I drove by. I am not sure that Matrix does air-cooled. Yes Rothsport and Rennsport do amazing work but not normally on street cars. I would also recommend against Marque Motors. Sadly the last time I was in there with my 993 they showed a profound lack of understanding of that car, and the service writer there was a straight up asshole.

Sorry I don't have a positive review for you. Wish had a recommendation.

stace 01-11-2019 08:04 PM

I know Matrix does air- cooled and 993s specifically. I haven't dealt with Heckmann recently - certainly easy to just give them a call. Marque Motors doesn't have a good rep any longer.

if you strike out in Portland there are a few good shops in Seattle / Tacoma - Dundon in Gig Harbor and Chris' German in Seattle are well thought of...I know one 993 owner that takes his major top end work all the way to Victoria BC from Olympia as the guy does good work and the exchange rate makes it very favorable.

jfl503 01-11-2019 09:47 PM

Mark FM 01-11-2019 11:31 PM

I have had great service from AR Auto Service - they redid my brakes on my 993 C4S and fixed my air conditioning - they did fantastic work at a reasonable price! Give them a try, you won’t be disappointed!

993pbug 01-12-2019 12:23 AM

Marque Motors - great to work with!

http://www.marquemotors.com/

fsa 01-12-2019 04:12 PM

Portland 993 work

Tom-- Heckmann is moving, may already have, about a mile away to a much larger facility on Powell Blvd. They do lots of air cooled , and are active in ORPCA events. Good people.
Matrix Integrated-- 2-large footprint locations in Portland, terrific brothers who are owners. Jeremy is one, very active in ORPCA, has a few mechanics who know and work on air cooled. They race 911's and know them well, in addition to BMW and MB.
Rothsport, as Stace stated, is a race shop, but does do some "ordinary" stuff for "ordinary" cars if they have time and floor space. They are superb, great people, and do everything, including suspension.
They will likely not do a ppi, but worth calling Jeff Gamroth about needed work to inquire.
Steve Weiner, the mighty one, as Stace indicated, is more involved with mods, not routine issues. He has recommended Marques Motors in past posts. Not sure of their current status?

Dr. Ferdinand 01-14-2019 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by 993pbug (Post 15559950)
Marque Motors - great to work with!

http://www.marquemotors.com/

+1 Kurt Leipzig FTW!

e9stibi 01-16-2019 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by mcipseric (Post 15556103)
those are 2 GREAT options!!!

Fully agree. If you want a quality job, this is the way to go. I bought my C4S at the west coast and when I saw that Rothsport rebuilt the Engine, installed a PSS9 and converted the tranny to "RS spec", I was thrilled as hell. I am even more thrilled when I remember what I payed for that car. I still consider it a lottery win!