Dual Distributor Rebuild Durability - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Dual Distributor Rebuild Durability

Old 01-11-2019, 03:31 AM
  #16  
EckFe1
User
 
EckFe1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: was: CA, 956XX now: Bavaria 910XX
Posts: 450
Default

N
N
12 years, app. 35k miles
EckFe1 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 11:13 AM
  #17  
Railmaster.
User
 
Railmaster.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 855
Default

Replaced just the belt after 80.000 miles, it still looked brand new but I changed it anyway!
Railmaster. is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:01 PM
  #18  
mpruden
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mpruden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Folsom CA
Posts: 1,577
Default

Related question on distributor reliability. How many of you have had hall sensor failure?

I haven't finished diagnosis, but I'm pretty sure my 2nd hall sensor has now failed. This essentially means the distributor has to be tossed as that component isn't available separately from the overall distributor.
And these things aren't cheap, even used.
mpruden is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 05:52 PM
  #19  
IXLR8
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
IXLR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Canada & the Alps
Posts: 6,251
Default

Originally Posted by mpruden View Post
I haven't finished diagnosis, but I'm pretty sure my 2nd hall sensor has now failed. This essentially means the distributor has to be tossed as that component isn't available separately from the overall distributor.
Not from Porsche, but the sensor itself is available. I looked into it a couple of years ago.
IXLR8 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 07:53 PM
  #20  
mpruden
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mpruden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Folsom CA
Posts: 1,577
Default

Originally Posted by IXLR8 View Post
Not from Porsche, but the sensor itself is available. I looked into it a couple of years ago.
I'd be happy to pick up the trail and share what I find. Can you give me any leads so I'm not starting from scratch? Part numbers, suppliers, etc?
mpruden is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 08:58 PM
  #21  
IXLR8
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
IXLR8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Canada & the Alps
Posts: 6,251
Default

Originally Posted by mpruden View Post
I'd be happy to pick up the trail and share what I find. Can you give me any leads so I'm not starting from scratch? Part numbers, suppliers, etc?
I went from the part numbers on the sensor itself, which came up with nothing. Other than the Bosch icon.
https://edelweiss.smugmug.com/Cars/P...or/i-2RrWzx6/A

https://edelweiss.smugmug.com/Cars/P...or/i-MqHmNX8/A
https://edelweiss.smugmug.com/Cars/P...or/i-3bzncrt/A

Then I went to Google images and tracked down a couple of vendors that had what appeared to have the identical sensor on a different plate. All it was a matter of was drilling the rivets and reinstalling.
Sorry, I am not at my usual PC, so I cannot at this time be of further help.

You can try Newark or DigiKey, but you might be there forever going through the list of sensors.
IXLR8 is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 09:17 PM
  #22  
mpruden
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mpruden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Folsom CA
Posts: 1,577
Default

Originally Posted by IXLR8 View Post
I went from the part numbers on the sensor itself, which came up with nothing. Other than the Bosch icon.
https://edelweiss.smugmug.com/Cars/P...or/i-2RrWzx6/A

https://edelweiss.smugmug.com/Cars/P...or/i-MqHmNX8/A
https://edelweiss.smugmug.com/Cars/P...or/i-3bzncrt/A

Then I went to Google images and tracked down a couple of vendors that had what appeared to have the identical sensor on a different plate. All it was a matter of was drilling the rivets and reinstalling.
Sorry, I am not at my usual PC, so I cannot at this time be of further help.

You can try Newark or DigiKey, but you might be there forever going through the list of sensors.
Thank you sir! This is perfect.
mpruden is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: