Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   993 Fister IIs with Fabspeed X-pipe loudness? (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/1122962-993-fister-iis-with-fabspeed-x-pipe-loudness.html)

Swiss_movement 01-08-2019 10:08 AM

993 Fister IIs with Fabspeed X-pipe loudness?

Does anyone in Los Angeles area have a 993 with the combination of Fister IIs and Fabspeed X-pipe? Perhaps I can come by and listen to it.

My car was bobe stock until I added the Fister II. I still don’t get the sporty noise I want at lower RPMs. The car really only comes alive after 4000 RPM.

I’m planning on adding Fabspeed X-pipe to see what that does to the sound. I don’t want it to be too loud or abnoxtious but I do want lower RPMs sporty noise out of the exhaust system.

Anyone ever very regretted adding the Fabspeed to Fister?

Analog Theory 01-08-2019 11:30 AM

I’m in San Diego if you are ever down this way look me up. I have Fister III’s with a 200 cell Cargraphic X-Pipe. I had initially planned on trading my III’s for II’s upon adding the X-Pipe but once I heard the combination from first start there was no way it’s just too good so so so good.

loud yes, managable with a light foot at partial throttle yes easily...neighbor friendly upon cold start...no

synth19 01-08-2019 01:58 PM

I have the fabspeed cat/xpipe with fister II's. Here's a quick video of it:

rg0115 01-08-2019 08:07 PM

Thanks for putting this video together. Sounds so good, you got me sold. I have Fister 2s and now really want the x-pipes as well, if I could only source a used set with Bischoff type that would be awesome. Not ready to drop the $1900 for them at this time, too many other things I want to tackle first. Anyway, your car looks and sounds awesome. keep us posted on your slippery slope.. :)

samurai_k 01-08-2019 09:23 PM

I have the 3s and like the sound. Little drone at hwy cruising... More reason to keep it in the powerband. :)

Honestly though when you start the car when it's cold there is quite the bark!

One trick I do is keep the garage closed when I start the car fo and then open it right after the engine starts for early morning drives not to wake up my neighbor.

Swiss_movement 01-09-2019 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by synth19 (Post 15550715)

https://youtu.be/ePqRXH_bzeE

Thank you for the video. I ordered the Fabspeed C-pipes anyway. They should be here by next week. I hope the car isn’t too loud after installing it!

Talked to Darin at Fister. He said anything that increases the sound at lower RPMs is going to be that much louder at higher RPM. He warned me that I may get my desired sound effect at low RPMs but nit be happy with exessive sound at higher revs.

P-daddy 01-09-2019 07:43 AM

I have the FS X pipe with sport cats and Fister 2 combo. If you’re seeking more volume in the low range, you’re definitely not the type to worry about a slight increase in volume in the upper range. Yes, obviously it’s going to be louder than stock cats/Fister 2, but not in anyway obnoxious. Around residential areas I use a light throttle, and never once received a complaint from my neighbors of 17 years.

Gjbacci 01-09-2019 08:05 AM

I have the fabseed sport cat and fister I in a targa. Perfect for me. Good sound when accelerating. No drone when at constant speed.

Meenrod 01-09-2019 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by rg0115 (Post 15551724)
Thanks for putting this video together. Sounds so good, you got me sold. I have Fister 2s and now really want the x-pipes as well, if I could only source a used set with Bischoff type that would be awesome. Not ready to drop the $1900 for them at this time, too many other things I want to tackle first. Anyway, your car looks and sounds awesome. keep us posted on your slippery slope.. :)

Buy it on eBay- there is a seller with a buy-it-now listing who accepts offers. If I recall correctly it was more like $1300 that was accepted for a new unit shipped directly from Fabspeed.

I have had both 2's and 3's with my X-pipe and I wouldn't run the car without it now. Apart from sounding way better, not too loud, you really notice the extra power from the sports cats being less restrictive.

synth19 01-09-2019 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by P-daddy (Post 15552730)
I have the FS X pipe with sport cats and Fister 2 combo. If you’re seeking more volume in the low range, you’re definitely not the type to worry about a slight increase in volume in the upper range. Yes, obviously it’s going to be louder than stock cats/Fister 2, but not in anyway obnoxious. Around residential areas I use a light throttle, and never once received a complaint from my neighbors of 17 years.

Well said,

Chris M. 01-09-2019 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by synth19 (Post 15550715)

Sounds great. What’s it like on the decel? Pops and burbles?

Chuck W. 01-09-2019 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meenrod (Post 15552762)
Buy it on eBay- there is a seller with a buy-it-now listing who accepts offers. If I recall correctly it was more like $1300 that was accepted for a new unit shipped directly from Fabspeed.

eBay seller " mycustomers1st " has them listed for $1800.25 or Make Offer. I know another Rennlister purchased one from him for $1,500.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FABSPEED-SP...-KPH:rk:9:pf:0

In January of 2016 Martin set up a group buy with Phil@Fabspeed, a site sponsor. With over 10 participants he was able to get 25% off plus shipping. I wonder if Phil would be into another one.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-993-a-16.html

John@Fabspeed 01-09-2019 06:01 PM

Hello Guys,
Phil from Fabspeed here. Just saw this.
I would be glad to do another sport cat group buy.for you guys!!!!!
I can do $1500 on them (same as last year). Call everyone you know! We need at least five guys to make this happen.
Please let me know here or send me a PM if you are interested.

Chuck W. 01-09-2019 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Phil@Fabspeed (Post 15554165)
I can do $1500 on them (same as last year). Call everyone you know! We need at least five guys to make this happen.

Thanks Phil. And, if we get 10 or more?

John@Fabspeed 01-09-2019 06:26 PM

If we get ten I will get free shipping!