Advice on which p shop in massachusetts for repairs. - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Air/Oil Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 993 Forum
Reload this Page >

Advice on which p shop in massachusetts for repairs.

Notices

Advice on which p shop in massachusetts for repairs.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:31 AM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by myflat6 View Post
Not Mass but Auto Associates in CT are one of the best
Agreed. VERY good.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:46 PM
morsini
User

OP, where exactly are you in MA?
Old 01-06-2019, 11:39 PM
u7t2p7
User

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas View Post
For engine and transmission work definitely EPE in Natick, MA. You can walk in there with a blank checkbook having a $10K balance and still walk out of there with $9,800.
What does that even mean? Good shops are typically expensive. That being said there's a wide cost delta from basics (oil change) to upgrades (suspension, brakes) to overhauls (engine, transmission). Do your homework in advance so you don't get caught grabbing your ankles which happens more frequently than you can imagine.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:20 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by u7t2p7 View Post
What does that even mean?
Walking into a shop with a blank checkbook usually results in all sorts of parts being swapped out that ultimately are more a waste of money then they are upgrades.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:39 PM
George 993s
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Cemoto i thought your name was Al on bottom of your message back to me. Thank you for all the info. Could i get the name of the shop in Spencer for tires changed and balanced. Thanks george.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:04 PM
rome
Addict
Rennlist Member

I’ve taken my 97 C2S to Jerry at EPE for years. The whole crew there is great (Bill, Matt). They’ve done big jobs for me (top end rebuild, suspension) and small (annual oil changes). Car drives like it’s brand new with less than 40k miles.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:08 PM
coltj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Have used EPE exclusively for almost 20 years. Jerry is great. And it's about the only place around here that you're likely to see a 959 (or 3)

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: