993 Forum 1995-1998

N00b question regarding reinserting headlight housings

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 07:42 PM
pdxwilly
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default N00b question regarding reinserting headlight housings

Thanks to youtube and the user manual and a couple of links here in the forums, the instructions for removing the headlight assembly in the 993 was a breeze. Thank you all. Now a new ask:

Getting the things back in place.

I put the light in, it all slides into place, and then when I move the lever into the locked position, the headlight pops out about 1/8 inch. I'm guessing the bar isn't catching the little notch in the bottom of the housing.

I've been futzing with this for the better part of an hour, and searching for another 30 minutes, and have found nothing. It's gotta be so darn simple. I feel downright ashamed that *THIS* is my first technical question, but well..we start at the beginning I suppose.

Anyone have a pointer? Tip? Do I need to try a new swear word? If so, please supply another one, I've used all the ones I know.

Thanks in advance!

m@
Old 12-28-2018, 07:55 PM
gavonder
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

I just put mine back in after upgrading the projectors. It seems as though the lever needs to be vertical when sliding the headlight in & then with a little "jiggling" of the light, push the lever down into the tab that locks it, as you push the unit all the way in. Let the lever pull it in to seat it. That's the best way I can describe it. It is pretty simple
Old 12-28-2018, 10:26 PM
993-TJC
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just experienced the exact same problem. After putting the light in push on th bottom of the light housing as you push down on the lever. Should go right in. I love the German engineering.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:57 PM
pdxwilly
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This worked! THANK YOU!

Quick Reply: N00b question regarding reinserting headlight housings