Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

iPhone Ashtray Mount

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 12:50 PM
jdoc1949
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Its the time of the year that "Goodwill to all men" is relevant, lets all be courteous to each other.
Merry Christmas to all
John
Old 12-10-2018, 01:18 PM
jdrake
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
You are correct, It's sad to see lazy, entitled attitude on Rennlist. Rick, you've been here longer than I have. Do you feel that any research is actually warranted?
I am not sure what I said to make you so angry. I sincerely apologize. I tried to preface my statement about not being "curt". When I tried your link from my phone, it took me to a posting that looked exactly where I had been earlier.

I did do the research. I tried to PM him. I posted on the board. The search function within Rennlist can be challenging. I did not think to look in the 964 forum until someone suggested I do that. I did not use Google. I never considered personally finding John anywhere else as I did not want to go outside the list to contact him on Rennlist business. Right or wrong, I was trying to respect his privacy. I do feel hurt in that you, who do not know me at all, would use the terms of "lazy" and "entitled" in describing me as I can assure you that I am in no way either of those.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
You are correct, It's sad to see lazy, entitled attitude on Rennlist. Rick, you've been here longer than I have. Do you feel that any research is actually warranted?
Nile,

Yes...I do think it's reasonable to expect that people do a bit of research but my sense is that Drake actually DID do some research & tried in a reasonable way to get in contact with John. It escapes me as to why you see the need to assume that he did nothing, that he's lazy, that he's entitled and that he may be disabled. That's uncalled for.

Rick

Originally Posted by jdoc1949
Its the time of the year that "Goodwill to all men" is relevant, lets all be courteous to each other.
Merry Christmas to all
John
John,

I agree...many of us on Rennlist believe that this should be the case every day on these forums. We're here because we love our cars & want to learn about them as we help others learn more about them as well. This is a place of friendship & camaraderie. I see you're in KC...I'm there now & then for work - I'd welcome meeting & grabbing a drink.

All the best,

Rick
Old 12-10-2018, 10:35 PM
Cheekybird
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I love to reading posts when an old time Rennlister gets pissed because a question was asked. It makes it so enjoyable for us new guys! I guess we do not need Rennlist, just Google it!
Old 12-11-2018, 01:55 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by jdrake
I am not sure what I said to make you so angry. I sincerely apologize. I tried to preface my statement about not being "curt". When I tried your link from my phone, it took me to a posting that looked exactly where I had been earlier.

I did do the research. I tried to PM him. I posted on the board. The search function within Rennlist can be challenging. I did not think to look in the 964 forum until someone suggested I do that. I did not use Google. I never considered personally finding John anywhere else as I did not want to go outside the list to contact him on Rennlist business. Right or wrong, I was trying to respect his privacy. I do feel hurt in that you, who do not know me at all, would use the terms of "lazy" and "entitled" in describing me as I can assure you that I am in no way either of those.
I'm glad to hear this as I am glad to read your level-headed response. I also apologize for being too impatient, perhaps.

To Rick... please re-read what's being done and said in previous posts if you'd like to discuss it further. Your sense was incorrect. Specifically, the OP clarifying that he did not read my URL with John's email clearly showing, nor searched on Google. You can chose your own adjectives, perhaps softer than mine and more in Rennlist spirit. I'd be curious to hear them.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:45 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Folks,

Not everyone is going to have 100% perfect behavior 100% of the time. Let's give each other the room to be human and try to be nice to one another.

If someone offers help, please try to thank them for the assistance. All too many times, I see people contribute greatly to a thread with little gratitude from the OP.

Additionally, if someone doesn't express thanks, it's best to not go into attack mode and throw insults.

Merry Christmas/happy holidays to all. Closing this thread.

Quick Reply: iPhone Ashtray Mount