993 Forum 1995-1998

New project in house - super stoked!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 08:56 PM
JEllis
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by alexl911
Those are some of the worst photos of a used car I've ever seen!
No affiliation. I stopped by this dealer last time I was in Charlotte. They have a few interesting Porsches, this being one of them.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:12 PM
DB_NC_95C2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

What do you expect from a stealer ? Reminds me of a place in Hickory NC I went to look at a few used cars that were 'pristine' looking in their lousy photos, but in person the cars were rode hard and put away wet and they (not unlike this stealer) were out to rape the public for every dime they could get. Typical used car stealers...
Old 11-14-2018, 06:03 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 428 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by DB_NC_95C2
What do you expect from a stealer ? Reminds me of a place in Hickory NC I went to look at a few used cars that were 'pristine' looking in their lousy photos, but in person the cars were rode hard and put away wet and they (not unlike this stealer) were out to rape the public for every dime they could get. Typical used car stealers...
I know the one! Good description! How they stay in business is beyond me.

Old 11-14-2018, 06:31 PM
alexl911
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JEllis
No affiliation. I stopped by this dealer last time I was in Charlotte. They have a few interesting Porsches, this being one of them.
When you mean 'interesting' do you mean I should be considering as I'm in the market.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:40 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 123 Posts

the pictures of the option sticker under the hood are spot on! NOT. What a joke.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:50 PM
JEllis
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DB_NC_95C2
I hear you. Again, I have no affiliation to this place, to me this was more of someones private collection that also happened to be for sale. The cars I saw were "drivers" cars but complete and in good shape but without the polish that a more affluent dealer would use.

When you mean 'interesting' do you mean I should be considering as I'm in the market.
Well its a Vesuvio C2S on classic gray in good shape. I did not notice anything major on the exterior or interior of the car. It had an aftermarket exhaust that was in bad shape but he said he had the original.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:34 AM
badabing
Three Wheelin'

Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by SRL

This is the look I'm going for when done - including keeping the Aerokit front....damn the naysayers!!! I'll also be retaining the factory hollow spokes that are on there now - not sure yet if I'll paint them as shown here. The decklid I'll build will be the correct Vesuvio color on all but the two split grilles - those will be the matte silver to match the factory-color side mirrors and door handles.
Are those wheels a different color scheme that normal cup 2 wheels or is it just the lighting ?

Also where to get those mirrors and door handles?

Have my own new C2S project in the house
Old 11-26-2018, 02:55 PM
SRL
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by badabing
Are those wheels a different color scheme that normal cup 2 wheels or is it just the lighting ?

Also where to get those mirrors and door handles?

Have my own new C2S project in the house
It's definitely not just the lighting. The mirror color, door handle color, door sills, handbrake handle, shifter ****, and gauge bezels are all a special matte silver as part of the "Vesuvio Package". If the car is not equipped with an Aerokit (like mine is), then the split C2S grille will be that silver as well. My research shows that if the car was equipped with those 17" wheels, then yes, the wheel centers are also painted to match the other aforementioned items. If the car was equipped with the 18" hollow spokes (like mine is), then the wheels are the "normal" silver like all other hollow spoke wheels.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:48 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 338 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by JEllis
Nice purchase. There is a non-aerokit Vesuvio C2S available in NC

https://www.trimmotorcars.com/invent...S-Fort-Mill-SC
WOW! $97k! They've had this car forever with the same lousy pics. I remember when the first digit of the asking price was a 5.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:07 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

soooooooo pretty!

Congrats.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:18 AM
NLScooby
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice - congratulations on the find! Noticed the perfectly matched and stacked containers on the shelf.......love it. I don't know why there are teams of doctors out there trying to cure OCD.....I think it makes the world a more orderly and better looking place!
Old 12-22-2018, 07:44 PM
SRL
Racer

Project "rear wing elimination" is ready for paint!
Old 01-04-2019, 12:47 AM
SRL
Racer

Back from paint, ready to go on this weekend! My buddy Phil at Autobahn Autobody in Costa Mesa, CA did an incredible job matching the Vesuvio color, and an insane job not only matching the grilles to the correct color on the side mirrors, but also the semi-matte finish. Recommend them highly!

Old 01-04-2019, 09:15 AM
synth19
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 24 Posts

Fantastic! I've also been thinking about purchasing another trunk to do something similar, but just worried about paint match. It would be nice to swap out trunks to mix things up.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:06 PM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by SRL
Back from paint, ready to go on this weekend! My buddy Phil at Autobahn Autobody in Costa Mesa, CA did an incredible job matching the Vesuvio color, and an insane job not only matching the grilles to the correct color on the side mirrors, but also the semi-matte finish. Recommend them highly!

Amazing match! What color codes did they use to match the steel grey and vesuvio? do you know what paint system (glasurit, sikkens, ect.) the shop used?

Quick Reply: New project in house - super stoked!