993 Forum 1995-1998

Swine Eleven ReBoot - Shift Boot Trim Panel for 964 / 993

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 03:09 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by onelove
After a few weeks of playing I think I've stumbled on a solution that works well. I've ordered materials for the prototype version, I now have a C2 and C4 shifter in hands to test a 3d printed version. Initially it will be a shaft adapter and OE style ****, after that I will open it up to 917 style ***** and billet ***** for those who wants a heavier solution.

Holidays are coming up, good driving weather there, so trying to invest some time in my 993 to wrap it. End of the year, early 19 for the ***** but should be worth the wait (and priced reasonably in comparison to other solutions).
cant wait!!
Old 12-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

After a few weeks of playing I think I've stumbled on a solution that works well. I've ordered materials for the prototype version, I now have a C2 and C4 shifter in hands to test a 3d printed version. Initially it will be a shaft adapter and OE style ****, after that I will open it up to 917 style ***** and billet ***** for those who wants a heavier solution.

Holidays are coming up, good driving weather there, so trying to invest some time in my 993 to wrap it. End of the year, early 19 for the ***** but should be worth the wait (and priced reasonably in comparison to other solutions).
Yes!!
Old 03-03-2019, 01:02 AM
gejay
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I purchased your ReBoot today from you, and I just ran into this thread. Any luck on the spine and ****? I messaged you on IG and I'm really thinking of getting the Carbone set up but it is pretty pricey. If yours is ready or very close, I'd like to check yours out. Sooner the better since my car is torn apart right now haha...
Old 03-04-2019, 07:15 AM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gejay
So I purchased your ReBoot today from you, and I just ran into this thread. Any luck on the spine and ****? I messaged you on IG and I'm really thinking of getting the Carbone set up but it is pretty pricey. If yours is ready or very close, I'd like to check yours out. Sooner the better since my car is torn apart right now haha...
fyi - I spoke to the guy who makes the shifter for Carbone. He doesn’t think the shaft is long enough to meet the top of the boot so expect a gap. It’s a great looking piece but im waiting on a solution made for the reboot!
Old 03-04-2019, 10:58 AM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm working on it, the carbone is a great looking piece but has some limitations with the boot length. I'm hoping to offer a 917 style **** and standard Dansk style ****.

Just wrapped up our 993 build and am in the process of moving into our new house. I'm a month or so away from having any free time, but once I do this is one of the first projects I tackle.

Swine11 ReBoot - 964 / 993 Shift Boot Trim Panel

2004 996 GT3 | 1986 Carrera 3.2 (future Keen Project) | 2016 Cayenne Diesel

Old 03-04-2019, 12:39 PM
gejay
Intermediate

Thanks! Though my car is already apart right now and I don't think I can wait that long....hmmmm...anyways, good luck with the move and congrats on the new house and finishing the 993 build.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:54 PM
gejay
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GBX

fyi - I spoke to the guy who makes the shifter for Carbone. He doesn’t think the shaft is long enough to meet the top of the boot so expect a gap. It’s a great looking piece but im waiting on a solution made for the reboot!
Thanks for the insight. Did Carbone replace the OEM boot to make their current set up work then?
Old 03-04-2019, 01:35 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,448 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by gw911nine97
my only concern is all the small stuff that will fall & collect in the now cavity
Hi GW,
No problemo as far as my Standard Poodle is concerned. Aged McDonalds fry-o-liths are a real surprise treat when discovered in the car.
Andy
Old 03-04-2019, 01:37 PM
SpeedyC2
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts

Here is my Carbone shifter. They had a short, but significant sale way back around Thanksgiving, and between the wait on the order and finding time to install I've just recently put this in. Installation was very easy. The OE boot in my car had previously been cut, and I think the fit is good.

I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I do like the overall feel of the shifter and I'm diggin' the 917 look, too...

Old 03-04-2019, 01:59 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I've made it work and give the look that people want, just need to work on a hardware solution that will be completely hidden and properly anchored to the flat bar shifter. Maybe I'll try and sneak some time in to finalize at least a Now solution while I perfect it.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:51 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the insight. Did Carbone replace the OEM boot to make their current set up work then?
i'm referring to the rubber boot that the reboot uses.

I've made it work and give the look that people want, just need to work on a hardware solution that will be completely hidden and properly anchored to the flat bar shifter. Maybe I'll try and sneak some time in to finalize at least a Now solution while I perfect it.
​​​​​​​i F'in love this!!!! Super excited
Old 03-04-2019, 03:59 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Carbone has a Reboot in their hands, if everything goes as planned they'll be offering them to their customers soon. I spoke to the guy who makes their shifts and told him that he might need to make them a bit taller to accommodate this style (in full disclosure I also shared my plans to make our own since they were already in the works when his released).
Old 03-04-2019, 05:14 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Looks great and would look even better with a slightly taller SS shaft.
As for the totally hidden hardware This is why I have not bought anything else, I can’t get over visible grub screws killing an otherwise nice design. All you need to worry about is that there is no fore/aft slop when shifting, perhaps a friction fit (using some kind of sleeve) to emulate the OEM shifter is the ticket?
Old 03-04-2019, 05:55 PM
SpeedyC2
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts

Carbone has a Reboot in their hands, if everything goes as planned they'll be offering them to their customers soon. I spoke to the guy who makes their shifts and told him that he might need to make them a bit taller to accommodate this style (in full disclosure I also shared my plans to make our own since they were already in the works when his released).
Very nice.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:39 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by LPMM

slightly taller SS shaft.

no fore/aft slop when shifting, perhaps a friction fit (using some kind of sleeve) to emulate the OEM shifter is the ticket?
These 2 lines are where things get tricky and have kept me from releasing it 100%. I'm on it though.

Quick Reply: Swine Eleven ReBoot - Shift Boot Trim Panel for 964 / 993