993 Forum 1995-1998

Has the sun set on Sunset Imports? Or, Another One Bites the Dust

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 10:23 AM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Never had an issue. Luke is great.

Their Black Friday sale is also amazing. Got rotors, pads, etc for a 991tt for another 20pct off!
Old 01-13-2019, 11:07 AM
paulkromz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 100 Posts

Old 01-13-2019, 04:00 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 449 Posts

Dealt with Sunset since 2009, first with the guy in parts who moved to their Audi parts department and then with Luke.

Any screw-ups although ultra rare were taken care of.

I haven't placed an order with them in about two years, so I can't comment on how things have changed. I get most of my Porsche parts locally with a discount.
Old 01-15-2019, 07:49 PM
AX993
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Placed an order for lots of small parts with Sunset about a week ago. Luke emailed me back the same day about shipping options on a couple of parts that were in Germany. I paid a more than reasonable price for expedited shipping for those parts and everything came in yesterday . I'm happy with Sunset and Luke, couldn't ask for anything more. (Well, could ask for Porsche to lower some of their parts prices to something a bit more reasonable. Anyone checked the current price on the driver's door seal? Yikes! But that's Porsche, not Sunset)
Old 01-25-2019, 07:54 PM
IainM
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 231 Posts

Longtime sunset customer here and recent purchase went very smooth as usual. I always end up calling to ask about some part or other so maybe that helps but they've always done right by me
Old 01-25-2019, 08:08 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

Originally Posted by P-daddy
When Andrea left Sunset, I quit ordering from them. Sonnen is my go-to place for OEM parts now. Their prices are very competitive. Hope you get your clams back, Paul.

+1

AutohausAZ for OEM has been great too.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:14 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 182 Posts

I didn’t find any phone number that worked for Sunset, got email responses but very delayed. Just placed an order for the Cayenne GTS thri Delaware Porsche Parts. They were not the cheapest on every part, but cheapest all in. Shipping naturally was very reasonable, being just a couple states away. You can call, and email the parts department...made it extremely convenient to determine what exactly was in stock.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:37 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

I've been dealing with Sunset going back at least 8 years and have never had an issue with orders even as recently as 3 weeks ago.

I have to admit Andraya Hayward was a huge help to me during a years long project build that was essentially finished upon her move, but Luke has been helpful as well with the small quantity of parts I've ordered since.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:50 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

sunset is my go-to source for p-car oem parts

sean and luke are good guys

from about nov last year they have had some personnel changes in the dealership i understand, hurt their responsiveness some

i think they are back to normal now

good guys, good prices, they try to please
Old 01-27-2019, 07:36 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Default Maybe the OP should ...

Consider rewriting the topic, he has been taken care of, and numerous others are praising Sunset. As Cup Car writes, loved Andraya, she was epic, and helped me with my suspension pieces.

For the present, I use 5150 Motorsports out of AZ. Good prices, excellent service.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:52 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Not sure this has been the final word. They’ve got to prove themselves, IMO. I’ve been dealing with them for close to 20 years, and until last year would have given them 5 stars, even with Andraya gone. They burnt a lot of goodwill with me on a couple of orders. I’ve gone elsewhere for now, as there are other vendors that have NOT passed me off. It’s not easy or cheap developing repeat customers. They blew it with some of them.

I’m not simply going back to give them another shot, when other companies have filled the needs I have with competitive pricing, just because Sunset “made personnel changes”

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Consider rewriting the topic, he has been taken care of, and numerous others are praising Sunset. As Cup Car writes, loved Andraya, she was epic, and helped me with my suspension pieces.

For the present, I use 5150 Motorsports out of AZ. Good prices, excellent service.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:13 AM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts

I've been buying a lot of stuff from Jim Ellis/Perimeter Porsche in Atlanta, after buying VW parts from their (duh) VW dealership. Pricing is great, stock is good, and the service is excellent. They honored a very low price in my last order for 18 intake manifold screws that it turns out have been superseded by a part 4x more expensive. No hassle, just a note to let me know that the total bill would remain the same even though those parts were more $. A+.
Old 02-02-2019, 01:16 AM
Twilightblue28A
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts

I have been getting parts and information by way of telephone. Great prices and technical support. I haver never placed an order on line. Extremely helpful and responsive.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:13 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.

Martin,
To the best of my knowledge you cannot edit a topic once written and posted...and Andraya has been gone for many years now! My point was to contrast the night and day difference in customer service that Sunset used to be known for...

I did however, post a positive resolution, despite the hoops I had to jump through. Resolution was not realized until I contacted the GM of the store!

The issue should have been handled at the parts counter guy level, but no higher than the parts Mgr. level. Several attempts at both levels realized zero results.

Yes, there are both good, and not so good experiences being posted here, but if you would like to see something more on behalf of Sunset, please feel free to post your own, flag waving experiences.

Please stop to consider that a post like this, just might make things better for ALL involved, including the bottom line for Sunset, with a wake up call for better customer focus.
Old 11-24-2019, 11:55 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

If you want to enjoy discount life, unless they have changed in the past year or two, come to San Diego where both dealers charge list price PLUS for parts. At least I got to pay CA sales tax...

Quick Reply: Has the sun set on Sunset Imports? Or, Another One Bites the Dust