Build Thread - Project Swine 93 - My Barnfind Outlaw / RS Inspired 993 - Page 8 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Air/Oil Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 993 Forum
Reload this Page >

Build Thread - Project Swine 93 - My Barnfind Outlaw / RS Inspired 993

Notices

Build Thread - Project Swine 93 - My Barnfind Outlaw / RS Inspired 993

Old 02-09-2019, 06:51 PM
My 911
Addict
Rennlist Member

I enjoy following your progress on this thread. Do you by any chance have photos of the speaker enclosure work you recently completed?
Old 02-10-2019, 09:10 AM
kingroon
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onelove View Post
This looks great, I think the full RS look is a little stark in a Carrera, so I have done the same as you have.. Best of both worlds I think as the smooth interior lines are preserved by the Rear Shelf..
Old 02-17-2019, 11:08 PM
onelove
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The car needed an alignment badly, I'm fortunate to have a great relationship with our warehouse neighbors who run a successful IMSA race team and a Cup car in their free time. They strung the car up to help with a good baseline alignment while I sort the car out and let everything settle. I borrow the Autometric KT gauge from a friend to reset the links, and will likely need to add one of these to my tool box. Will get more in depth with a full corner balance and re-alignment after I get a few miles on her.

Mounted the roll bar and got the seats in, the SPG are a bit narrow for me so I'll need to kick my fitness and diet into gear soon. I'm really happy with how well the cage fit in the car, it's very tight to the ceiling and installed in a breeze. The seats gave me a little fight, I didn't realize that one of the bolts had some wonky threads (of course the last possible bolt), so I had to un-install them an re-tap most of the threads post paint. The belts match the ruby stone paint quite well and it was a last minute decision but one I'm glad I made.

I'm still awaiting the dash from the upholster, and also need to get the front passenger carpet so that I can install it beneath the track mats.

I finally got a chance to install my Swine Eleven ReBoot panel in the car. I ended up replacing the rubber bellow once again after realizing I could install it over the Rothsport shifter without cutting it, doing so allows it to be held in place much higher and completes the look. To prep I flipped the bellow inside out and cut about 75% of the large rubber block out. I then gave it a deep clean using Adams rubber cleaner and a toothbrush before applying a liberal coat of Aerospace 303 protectant. Now the fun part, a heavy coat of diametric grease on the hole, use 2 hands from the inside and stretch the top open as you yank it down over the shift ****. It a ridiculous stretch but immediately returns to shape and holds the bellow in the correct position.

I removed the factory Nokia amplifier and had the speakers wired directly off the head unit. I had a tough time finding speakers that I liked for the front doors that were simple but settled on some cheap Kenwood 5 1/2s that I found on Amazon.

The last minute orders from Porsche as I found most of the of the visible hardware on the console and door panels could use a refresh, fortunately this was very economical. Once the entire car is together I plan on going back over the silver bolts and touching them up with a black finish, especially the lower door panel hardware.

With the hardware in I finally installed the top of the door panels, I really love how the double stitched top panel adds a bit of elegance to the simplistic RS door panels. I'll replace the lower hardware in the near future as I find it a bit distractive.

The checklist is growing shorter, hoping I receive the dash back soon so that I can give the interior a final detail. Since its' been about a year since this fun project its due for an oil change to give a fresh start, then bolt the lower panels on and begin to enjoy. I expect some teething issues to come up, but will address them as they come.

Old Yesterday, 03:19 AM
oMenRC51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Looking good. I like the contrast of the pink ahem, ruby stone, with the negra interior. Nice work!
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
kingroon
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onelove View Post
Absolutely love it, looks amazing.. Thank you for sharing..
Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM
1st State 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow! Looks fabulous
Old Today, 12:12 PM
guardsredcab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Beautiful. Makes me wish I still had my 993.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: