993 Forum 1995-1998

My Recommendation for P-Car Shop in SW Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 06:46 PM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts
Default My Recommendation for P-Car Shop in SW Ohio

I just wanted to share with any of you guys in the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana area a recommendation for a shop that I have had multiple great experiences with: The Garaj (http://thegaraj.com/shop.php). I have been there multiple times over the years and the owner Yuri has been great to deal with, very honest about what needs to be done and what is overkill / not necessary and lastly his prices are imo very fair. The prior owner of my car gave me his name and I could not be happier that he referenced him. Sorry for the gushing but I am in the Service business and this place is ran as I run mine, getting to be a rarity......Mark.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:44 AM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WHAT. HE. SAID!!

Yuir Joseph is a great guy, and quality mechanic!! I took my 993 to him when I decided not tor try and change the spark plugs, and he took the job and accepted the parts I had already purchased. When it can time to pay him, he said, "Do you want to inspect the parts I took out?" VERY honest.

To top all that off, he owns a 993 Cab of his own....he's even one of us!!
Old 08-24-2018, 10:35 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Agree on all counts. Yuri is awesome!!!
Old 08-26-2018, 07:55 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DanL993
WHAT. HE. SAID!!

Yuir Joseph is a great guy, and quality mechanic!! I took my 993 to him when I decided not tor try and change the spark plugs, and he took the job and accepted the parts I had already purchased. When it can time to pay him, he said, "Do you want to inspect the parts I took out?" VERY honest.

To top all that off, he owns a 993 Cab of his own....he's even one of us!!
i’m tempted to have him change my plugs and wires! What was the approximate cost for this when you supplied parts? Also, can you provide approximate figures for what he charges for regular services such as an oil change, brake fluid flush, etc?

Thanks much, Rick
Old 08-26-2018, 10:15 AM
DanL993
button queen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rick

i’m tempted to have him change my plugs and wires! What was the approximate cost for this when you supplied parts? Also, can you provide approximate figures for what he charges for regular services such as an oil change, brake fluid flush, etc?

Thanks much, Rick

Not much help here. Sold the car a few months ago and all service records went with it. Had the work done six years ago and simply can't recall the costs for the plugs and belts. Had an alignment done by another shop he took it to and it was all in the bill so just don't know. Have no idea about his other service charges.

He's recently moved to a location with more space not far from his old location, so addresses online may not be correct, though the phone is still good. I spoke to him a few weeks ago.

He's VERY accommodating and open and will, I'm sure, answer your questions if you call him. John Dixon, the late creator of The Tag Ma Garaj here in Dayton (one of the largest Porsche collections in this part of the country) told me, when I initially asked about Yuri, "He's really a good guy....too good for his own benefit sometimes." Very high praise coming from John.....a highly, well-respected collector.

BTW went to Carmel to play Prairie View Golf Course.....very nice links-style venue.....loved the place!!

Quick Reply: My Recommendation for P-Car Shop in SW Ohio