Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Has anyone here tried racingbrake rotors?

Old 08-12-2018, 10:34 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Has anyone here tried racingbrake rotors?

They seem to be the only game in town for a 304x32mm 2-piece rotor. I sent them a question last week and haven't gotten a response, which doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. Their is no shortage of controversy surrounding them according to google, also not a warm feeling. I've only seen this thread mentioning them with 933 brakes- https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...for-993-a.html

Anyone with first hand experience? Or other lightweight rotor sources?
Old 08-13-2018, 04:09 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry we didn't receive an inquiry from you (via email or PM). For speedy response please use info@racingbrake.com

We make more stock replacement two piece rotors than most of other brake suppliers (including retrofit) so sometimes incident could happen - See our explanation on one of the widely posted brake failure on CTS-V (V1 to V2 upgrade).
RB brakes are widely used in those high brake demanding applications such as Hellcat, Camaro ZL1, Corvette C6, and mid size popular motorsports car like M3, WRX, Sti, and EVO, or even the light weight cars such as S2000 and MX5.

So far I have yet to see any real claim on our brakes for Porsche applications in the last 8-10 year shipment.

In various motorspots communities, RB is considered by hard core racers (value than brand names) to have the most durable brake discs - Attributed to our exclusive center-mount, convergent vanes design (Uniquely different from those conventional designs.)and our decades of knowledge and know-how on cast iron metallurgy.

For those Porsche owners who might drive their cars like this MB E63 owner, can learn from this testimonial (Legendary in MB history).

Testimonial in Mercedes history (RB two piece rotors on an E63):

RB two piece rotor installed in Jan 2012
E63 Front Rotor Replacement DIY - RacingBrake

Discs replaced in June 2017 (5-1/2 years later) - Lasting 113,556 miles
Racing Brake Rotors after 113,556miles

And for those who might race as hard as Mark on his 928 can learn from his experience here (RB discs last almost 3 seasons):
https://rennlist.com/forums/928-foru...l#post15147688

I just replaced the Racingbrakes.com rotor rings after almost 3 seasons of racing. i was truly amazed. they were much better than the first generation i had used , that still lasted a full season, but the new design is amazing. they had a HUGE impact of hub temperatures being lower, which translated to the rim also being much cooler. the pads lasted longer as well. Here is the near 3 season old rotor, that had some small cracks developing at the start of this season, but survived 2 race weekends at autoclub speedway, , laguna and sears point . i would have run them for a few more weekends, but the pads were getting thin and i wanted new stuff before the runnoffs. (plus, they are done now)

Please feel free let us know if we can be of service to your braking needs.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:23 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

We were requested by Tesla Model 3 owners to develop various brake upgrade options for this hottest & potentially most powerful/affordable track car.
Here is Ken's message to his fellow Model 3 owners after his visit to our facility in Fullerton, CA yesterday. (Ken knew us from his ownership of WRX)

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/2947675/

Sorry guys. I met Warren at his shop, but we were waiting on an engineer to measure and look at the exact specs. It's Sunday, so like myself it's a time for family. I'll schedule some time next week or the following to meet Warren and his engineers again. I do have a scheduled appointment with a Tesla service center to resolve some rock chips and other imperfections on the interior of the car. They want the car for five days. So I may not have it for most of next week. I also need to make or order some jack pads. If I had these - I would have already removed the wheel and really check the rotor and caliper specs.

Warren - thank you for your time. You vast knowledge and experience on performance brakes is amazing!

-b0n3z

In case anyone here is on waiting list and wonder if you should go with Performance Brake Package may want to check back in a few weeks either on that forum or our website for update on status.
https://www.racingbrake.com/category-s/7521.htm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone here tried racingbrake rotors?