Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have paintwork done by Joe Rizza Porsche?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Stan_Gosfriend
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have paintwork done by Joe Rizza Porsche?

I need some warranty paintwork done for some rust bubbles and I hear it has to be done at a dealer. Anyone have any experience with Joe Rizza Porsche in Orland Park, IL? Any other dealers in the area that paint, or better yet, send their paintwork out? Car is silver and tough to match so I want it done right.
Old 01-15-2004, 04:28 PM
LAURIER
Addict
Rennlist Member

Stan,

Call Napleton Porsche in Westmont and ask them if they could send your car to Westmont Auto Body for repair. Most of their work is on MB and BMW’s but they fixed my wife’s silver Passat last year and it’s impossible (really) to tell where they repainted. They also painted my previous 993’s bumper cover and did a perfect job. The body shop is across the street from the dealership.

Last edited by LAURIER; 01-15-2004 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:10 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

That question reminds me of when I went to Rizza last summer to look at a silver 95 cab they were selling that had a rust bubble on the A-pillar. I asked the salesman, "hmmm, I thought this was covered under a warranty, and you are a dealer after all..." and he replied, "ah, you can get it fixed for probably $300-$400." Uhhh, see ya.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Stan_Gosfriend
Track Day

Originally posted by Eric86Red911
That question reminds me of when I went to Rizza last summer to look at a silver 95 cab they were selling that had a rust bubble on the A-pillar. I asked the salesman, "hmmm, I thought this was covered under a warranty, and you are a dealer after all..." and he replied, "ah, you can get it fixed for probably $300-$400." Uhhh, see ya.

I think I know that car. One of my buddies is obsesed with it, but not in a good way. It travels the country from dealer to dealer with the occasional stop at auction. If this is the one your thinking about they had if for $35K or so. Tracking it around the country has almost been a hobby of my buddies - he sends me updates constantly and graphs the asking prices - it's currently in Maryland if this is the one you're talking about linky

I'll check out Napleton and Westmont AUto Body, thanks for the tips.
Old 01-15-2004, 06:12 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

OMG that's hilarious!! That's totally the same car. Had a new top, but was really sunbleached and in generally poor condition. Took it for a drive, too, and it needed a new clutch badly. I'm sure a graph of its asking price would be classic sawtooth; up, then gradually down, then auctioned, etc.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:46 AM
MonkeyBoy
Racer

Yeah, Joe Rizza's pre-owned is totally sleazy. I had a deposit on that silver cab this summer until I spoke with Eric on the phone about it. Saved me from having to do a PPI, thanks Eric. Perhaps someone should keep a database of VINs to stay clear of - I had a deposit on another car last week that I'm really glad I didn't get stuck with after learning more about it from people here who knew the car. It's interesting how you see a car on a lot and it disappears and you assume it was sold, but these cars often just make rounds from dealer to dealer.

Quick Reply: Anyone have paintwork done by Joe Rizza Porsche?