Best Paint Body Shop in Houston

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 11:49 PM
Stoff
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best Paint Body Shop in Houston

Hi there!

Looking for any body shop recommendations in Houston for a a high quality paint & install of a turbo euro bumper on a 993.
Welcome any experiences and feedback!

Cheers
Christophe
Old 08-05-2018, 11:36 AM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Metropolitan collision in the heights. Absolute hitters, knocked it out of the park on a collision repair on my Lexus. All oem quality parts and paints. Expect to wait (you're going to have to wait for anyone good), turn around for me was 5 weeks from drop off to pick up. They do work for Mercedes, Porsche North, and Ferrari.

No affiliation, I'm just picky and particular when it comes to body work and they did an awesome job.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:45 AM
Stoff
Advanced

Originally Posted by jstyer
Metropolitan collision in the heights. Absolute hitters, knocked it out of the park on a collision repair on my Lexus. All oem quality parts and paints. Expect to wait (you're going to have to wait for anyone good), turn around for me was 5 weeks from drop off to pick up. They do work for Mercedes, Porsche North, and Ferrari.

No affiliation, I'm just picky and particular when it comes to body work and they did an awesome job.
thank you for the recommendation, I will check them out! Do you know if they have had experience particularly with 993’s?
Old 08-05-2018, 12:12 PM
Phil T
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 65 Posts

+2 for Metropolitan.....Andy and his crew do great work.......Phil
Old 08-05-2018, 02:53 PM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Installing and replacing a bumper on a 993 is about as trivial as body work can get. It's the easiest of any car I've ever worked on. Can't say whether or not they've done a 993 specifically but I would absolutely trust them for the job.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:24 PM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Duplicate
Old 08-05-2018, 10:38 PM
craina
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 75 Posts

Another vote for metro
Old 08-05-2018, 11:15 PM
Stoff
Advanced

Thank you all for the feedback, I will check out Metro!
Old 08-06-2018, 12:15 PM
Paul M
POACB
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I used Metropolitan a few years back to repaint the rear wheelarch and bumper on a 5 series BMW.

They got it right eventually, but I had to go back two times... The wife picked the car up initially, I would never have taken possession as the rear bumper wasn't fitted properly, there was a half inch panel gap on one side and it was full of rubbing compound. There was also a section of the refinished bumper that was orange-peely that I had them repaint. The rear wheel had to be refinished as well and they painted the face of the wheel without masking so the barrel was full of overspray and rough to the touch. A few days after picking the car up for the third time, I noticed that I was missing one of the wheel bolts...
Old 08-06-2018, 05:38 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I had good success with Caliber Collision (25636 Aldine Westfield Rd, Spring, TX 77373). When they fixed my 993 a couple of years ago, they had a different name. At this time, they worked basically on high-end cars (Porsche, Lambo, Meredes, BMW) and did work for Porsche North Houston. Not sure how much changed when they moved to Caliber but I am still getting emails from this place that they focus on high end cars. I kept using them last year for repainting of turbo scoops and the bumper delete inserts and they did a good job.

Quick Reply: Best Paint Body Shop in Houston