Petersen Auto Museum w/ Porsche Effect & Vault

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 12:10 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts
Default Petersen Auto Museum w/ Porsche Effect & Vault

I have lived in Los Angeles all my life and finally went to the Petersen Auto Museum yesterday. If you’re local or come to LA and are looking for something to do, I highly recommend it. They also have a special event going on through April 2019 called “The Porsche Effect”. They have a portion of the first floor set aside with 48 Porsches, a lot of memorabilia and history. Well worth the visit.

The other two floors of the museum are well done and worth a look. However, the absolute must do while there is the Vault. It is in the lower basement and contains 250 cars. They offer a 75-minute tour or a 120-minute tour and the tickets have to be bought on line prior to going. We did the 2-hour tour and it wasn’t enough. The tour guild did a good job and would hand pick the cars to talk about. However, if someone asked about a specific car he would address it and was very knowledgeable. There were a number of Porsche in the Vault including a 1996 Speed Yellow 993 RS. Amazing looking car. Unfortunately, they don’t allow photos in the Vault.
This was a cool 550 that greeted you as you entered the museum.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:15 PM
akrca4
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
However, the absolute must do while there is the Vault.
+993
Also went last week for the first time after living in LA for 30yrs. Had a great time and agreed with Chuck that visit to the Vault is a must!

Quick Reply: Petersen Auto Museum w/ Porsche Effect & Vault