Immobilizer question

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 12:04 AM
RJKK
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Immobilizer question

Hi Folks,
Immobilizer question. Never had an issue until this evening when I went to unlock the car with the key fob and car would not unlock. Multiple tries and nothing. OK, figured the fob battery was going so manually unlocked the car, endured the alarm going off for a bit and finally got the car started and drove home. Grabbed the spare which would lock/unlock the car. Changed the battery in the original fob and after a couple of tries it will now lock unlock the car. Sorry for the long intro, but here's the question/possible issue: Prior to this, to start the car, would insert, turn the key, push the fob button to get the immobilizer light to go out and start the car. Now, I turn the key in the ignition and in a second or two, the immobilizer light in the clock goes out on its own (no pushing button fob) and car starts fine. Anybody else experience this? Do I have a potential looming issue? Car sits on a battery tender.

As always thanks for your input/insights.

Rick
Old 06-02-2018, 12:29 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 269 Posts

IIRC, after unlocking the car you would insert key and start car without needing to push remote fob, unless it’s been more than 90? seconds since unlocking the car. I’ve had 2 993s with Immobilizer and both behaved the same way.

Quick Reply: Immobilizer question