Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Hershey Swap Meet 2018- DC Metro Area

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 11:36 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 269 Posts

Cobalt- was that you parked next to Ilko? I had no idea. Gorgeous 3.6 you have there
Old 04-23-2018, 01:06 AM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 88 Posts

Anthony , it was great seeing you again this year thanks for coming back to the last row to find us , the car was beautiful as expected , Ilko's car in the flesh was impressive nice work , saw you drive past on the way in and out sounded choice as well ..
I swear I'm bringing one or more of my cars next year , nothing left to sell haha ! Bert
Old 04-23-2018, 08:19 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Originally Posted by budge96
Anthony , it was great seeing you again this year thanks for coming back to the last row to find us , the car was beautiful as expected , Ilko's car in the flesh was impressive nice work , saw you drive past on the way in and out sounded choice as well ..
I swear I'm bringing one or more of my cars next year , nothing left to sell haha ! Bert

Bert,

Nothing left to sell I highly doubt it. LOL I gave up trying to sell worse yet I find some stuff I gave away for pennies over the years I could use right now. Next year I will bring my 928 just to switch it up. The drive out to Hershey sucked. Lots of construction but it was great cruising in the turbo for a long drive, I forget how effortlessly these cars accelerate. I passed some friends who said when I got on the gas I just walked from them but I swear I didn't use more than 15% throttle.

I look forward to our chats each year, always a pleasure.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:16 AM
sander97C2
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxsterbabe14
Hey, All -
Saw you guys on I-83 on the way to Hershey - I know Lee (don't know his RL name) from Chesapeake events. I was in the 991 GT3. Thanks for letting me jump in and follow you guys - loved the symphony of sound, not to mention the gorgeous views as we followed the train of air-cooled! What a way to start a beautiful day!
993 = my someday dream!
Jennifer
It was fun cruising with you! Beautiful spec GT3, it looks amazing at speed.

Originally Posted by Cactus
Great day and weather. The Sanderwagen was very nice!
Thanks very much! Finally got the suspension geometry to where I don't scrap. Lol. It's been a real pain in the d$ck but I'm happy very happy with the suspension setup now.

Originally Posted by P-daddy
I didn’t take too many pics, but here are a few of Rennlisters parked nearby.

Please post pics if you have some to share. [img]graemlins/bigok.gif[/img]
Nam, was awesome cruising up to Hershey bruh!! Another epic journey in the books and I've got some sunburn to remember it by. Haha. Great pics of the 993 group, it's so cool to have all these amazing cars in one place for a day. Looking forward to the next aircooled adventure.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:20 AM
Jackcas
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi guys....that was me trying to keep up with you
Great ride out to Hershey
Ran into lots of traffic on the way back
Old 04-23-2018, 01:31 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,168 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackcas
Hi guys....that was me trying to keep up with you
Great ride out to Hershey
Ran into lots of traffic on the way back

Beautiful car it looked bad *** driving along side. Sorry I didn't have a chance to talk more I hadn't seen my friend in a while so wanted to catch up but would have been nice to chat some more. I actually found some back roads and circumvented most of the traffic. Nice winding twisties for about 30 min and it fed me back onto 78 but still a longer drive than it should have been.. Best part is I missed all the ground up underpasses which were awful on the way there. Sad part is I barely used 15% throttle, that car just loves to move.

Are you an NNJR member? Would love to see it at one of our concours events.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:17 PM
davesnothere
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hershey first-timers checklist:
[x] Saw a metric ****load of Porsches
[x] Saw a lot of old, rusty parts for sale
[x] Got a vendor to buy my spare rear wiper motor
[x] Bought a t-shirt I may only wear occasionally
[x] Met a Rennlister (Magdaddy)
[x] Ate a crabcake

All in all, a good first time out. Would like to have met more of you 993 guys, will have to put that on next year's list.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:16 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

We’ll catch you next year, Dave.

Originally Posted by davesnothere
[x] Ate a crabcake

All in all, a good first time out. Would like to have met more of you 993 guys, will have to put that on next year's list.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:23 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by davesnothere
[x] Ate a crabcake

too funny...sat and chatted this year with multiple peeps. The time just goes by way too fast. We roll in round 8am, then get the hell out by noon...WHY? Yea, I have. 4+ hour drive, but honestly that’s not good enough. Year after year we exchange niceties on this forum, and good natured jabs here....but shy away the ONE time a year when we actually get together.

I think we we can do better.

Suggestions please.

A few of us meet at Cactus’s the night before, we get rooms at a somewhat dive “Comfort Inn” VERY close by. We drink beer, eat pizza, tells lies, bust *****...a genuinely good time. A somewhat spirited drive commences the next morning to Hershey, then we kinda go our separate ways. Yea, everybody has different feelings about the cars, junk, etc...but it kinda ends there.

Maybe the rennlist nametgs help, I personally kinda doubt it, but most of us simply pass like ships in the night.

So, what’s really the hurry?

yea, we all have lives, family, responsibilities, etc, etc, etc...

Maybe next year we can all commit to more than 2-3 hours, to randomly come together?
Old 04-29-2018, 12:57 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Joe- for various reasons we all have different arrival times morning of event, but I agree with you we all should try to schedule a midday Rennlister Meeting/Social. Maybe next year, we can eat crab cake, shop, browse, gander, eat more crab cake, etc... then gather around noon at Magdaddy’s nametag kiosk for Meet n Greet or simply shoot the chit with our fellow 993 members. Last week a meeting wasn’t organized, but somehow a group of us managed to come together for 45 minutes or so. It was great to finally connect with some of the names behind the screens.

Last edited by P-daddy; 04-29-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:05 AM
sander97C2
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Very cool pic Nam. Love it! It was cool to meet you Joe and I'm in for a RL meet up next year.
Anyone drive 15 toward Frederick MD that afternoon? I caught up to a few 911's on my drive back home and we averaged some brisk speeds. Car felt great! Nothing better than cruising with some 911's.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:31 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Who is everyone in that pic?
Old 04-29-2018, 12:22 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cactus
Who is everyone in that pic?
Sorry guys, pic removed. Someone just messaged me and wished not to be identified on public forum.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:54 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by P-daddy

Sorry guys, pic removed. Someone just messaged me and wished not to be identified on public forum.
aaah...witness protection program no doubt. What a shady, unscrupulous bunch we run with Nam. We’re rebels I say...rebels!

Now all we need are Members only jackets, Carrera sunglasses, and some sort of secret handshake.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:02 PM
Brig993
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy

aaah...witness protection program no doubt. What a shady, unscrupulous bunch we run with Nam. We’re rebels I say...rebels!

Now all we need are Members only jackets, Carrera sunglasses, and some sort of secret handshake.

Rennlist official swap meet outfits for next year

Quick Reply: Hershey Swap Meet 2018- DC Metro Area