993 Forum 1995-1998

Anyone recommend a vender to buy replica 993 RSR or GT2 wing

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 09:30 AM
xene
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone recommend a vender to buy replica 993 RSR or GT2 wing

Hi I have been wanting to get a rear wing and front spoiler for my 1996 carrera 2 track car. Anybody recommend a vendor that sells quality products with good fitment for the 993? I was thinking of getting the wing and front spoiler posted below in pictures. I believe that is the GT2 wing, do you think it would be too big for the narrow body 993? My other thought was the RSR wing.

Some vendors I have heard of are Getty design and Mashaw. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:38 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

The wing in the top picture is the GT2 wing, the second picture is RS Clubsport aero gear. The rear wings are both available from MA Shaw or Getty both are decent quality, Not factory by any means. As for the front lip, all US based manufacturers make an inferior product, I tried front lips from 3 different vendors and they all sucked. Bought a fantastic one piece unit from Germany, slightly different than the factory 3-piece unit, but looks better and fits better than the factory part.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Paddy
The wing in the top picture is the GT2 wing, the second picture is RS Clubsport aero gear. The rear wings are both available from MA Shaw or Getty both are decent quality, Not factory by any means. As for the front lip, all US based manufacturers make an inferior product, I tried front lips from 3 different vendors and they all sucked. Bought a fantastic one piece unit from Germany, slightly different than the factory 3-piece unit, but looks better and fits better than the factory part.
I bought the GT2 one (1) piece front splitter from Gert, German fiberglass. Beautiful fit and finish, and about $500. NEVER buy aftermarket side skirts, NEVER. I have had aftermarket, and OEM, OEM from Gert was far superior...they actually fit and don't require two (2) sided tape. For the tail, OEM is really expensive. I capitulated and bought Getty Design, decent fit and finish. I would ONLY buy from Getty or MA Shaw, same thing.

I had a pal buy a 993 RS tail from another aftermarket mfg. that cannot be named, and it took 9 hours of body shop labor to finish and fit the tail to the car, prior to paint. Admin doesn't want me to name the vendor, so I respectfully won't.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:40 PM
MarinS4
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 121 Posts

If I could ever get my hands on a clean GT2 wing I would make the swap. Everyone I’ve ever seen looks race car rough. The only exception being one Viper Bob had years ago. It may have been OEM. It was perfect and carbon fiber! One of those things I let slip through my hands that I’ve been kicking myself for ever since.

Good luck to the OP. If you find a better source I’d love to hear about it.

Last edited by MarinS4; 03-04-2018 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:11 PM
xene
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for replies. I may go with the 3.8 RSR wing since it isnt as big for my car and Gt2 fits better with wide body cars.
Old 03-05-2018, 09:12 AM
k722070
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

installing the rsr 3.8 wing from ma shaw/getty I needed hinge adapters to fit.
strange situation because I was told the wing is direct bolt on and ma shaw/getty don't sell the adapters, didn't even know they existed.
gt racing sells the hinge adapters and you can see some pics and find more info searching 'hinge adapters' on the 964 forum.

Quick Reply: Anyone recommend a vender to buy replica 993 RSR or GT2 wing