993 Forum 1995-1998

Ques for Tore, Re., 993 door locks

Old 02-04-2018, 04:54 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Ques for Tore, Re., 993 door locks

Originally Posted by ToreB
The alarm/door lock control unit will not allow locking (thus the immediate unlock) if doors/engine/luggage compartment lids are open.
Check your door switches (very common issue) and the switches in the engine and luggage compartment locking mechanisms.
Cheers,
Tore
Tore,
I can have both the frunk and engine bay open or ajar, and still lock the doors to my car with the fob, without the door locks popping back open.
Yes, the door top LED's double flash to signify an issue, as they should; however, the doors remain locked, without popping back open.

This seems like a security feature that the doors would remain locked, and it doesn't seem logical that the door locks would pop back open if the trunk or engine decklid were ajar...Your thoughts, please?

Any other 993 owners who have the factory alarm, door locks, key fobs; please feel free to chime in with regards to your results when leaving your trunk and/or engine deck lid open/ajar, and using your key fob to lock the car doors.

My belief is that if everything is operating correctly, the doors should remain locked, with the door top LEDs double-flashing an issue.

Reference:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...lp-please.html

Last edited by nine9six; 02-06-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:44 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 236 Posts

nine9six, thanks for pointing this out, I agree with your findings.
I have seen differences between the different versions of alarm/door lock control units on this, I'll try this in detail in my alarm/door lock control unit test bench as soon as possible.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 02-06-2018, 03:38 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ToreB
nine9six, thanks for pointing this out, I agree with your findings.
I have seen differences between the different versions of alarm/door lock control units on this, I'll try this in detail in my alarm/door lock control unit test bench as soon as possible.
Cheers,
Tore
Thank you, Tore!
I appreciate both your posts and your products.
Best regards,
Paul

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ques for Tore, Re., 993 door locks