Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

WTB - Wevo Engine Mounts

Old 01-23-2018, 04:02 PM
akrca4
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 63 Posts
Default WTB - Wevo Engine Mounts

I think my engine mounts are done (the exhaust tips are touching the bumper when I tried to jack up the car from the back). Doing mostly street drives so thinking Wevo with black pillows might be the best option for me. Just wondering if anyone has spare pair they want to sell? Thanks!

Andy
Old 01-23-2018, 06:29 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Really?
If your motor mounts are shot, just buy some new, Wevo, Rennline, or RS mm, and be done with it. Do you really want to wait for a used set to become available?
Old 01-23-2018, 06:52 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six
Really?
If your motor mounts are shot, just buy some new, Wevo, Rennline, or RS mm, and be done with it. Do you really want to wait for a used set to become available?
Really?
What's the harm in posting a thread to ask the community before buying from a vendor? Many of us on Rennlist have parts sitting around & are not necessarily interested in posting/maintaining FS ads but will contact a fellow lister looking for a specific item if we have it.
Perhaps the OP is on a fixed income and might want to save a few bucks....
Old 01-23-2018, 07:06 PM
akrca4
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 63 Posts

No worries, guess I was just hoping someone has an unused set laying around that they want to get rid of. Not on fixed income, but with three young kids it sure feels like it....Lol!
Old 01-23-2018, 07:33 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

I picked up my WEVOs from another RL that was dissatisfied with them and decided to go with factory MM. So, never hurts to ask...

Make sure when you install, you torque according to WEVO instructions, the torque setting is LESS than factory MM spec. The pillow will end up getting squashed, which isn't the end of the world, it's only $34 to replace the set. I started with the black pillows and ended up replacing them with the blues. honestly, I can't tell the difference.

I have a set of OEM 993 cams sitting in my attic if anyone needs them, with woodruff notch for backdating...I hear $200 is a decent price.
Old 01-23-2018, 07:43 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
Really?
What's the harm in posting a thread to ask the community before buying from a vendor? Many of us on Rennlist have parts sitting around & are not necessarily interested in posting/maintaining FS ads but will contact a fellow lister looking for a specific item if we have it.
Perhaps the OP is on a fixed income and might want to save a few bucks....
+1. Zero harm in asking.

I bought a set of used RS mounts here. Just didn't feel like paying full-boat for a new set and thought I'd check around. It panned out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB - Wevo Engine Mounts