Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT:Long trip in new c4s..Atlanta to LA-advice, thoughts, experiences

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 03:44 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My wife and I recently made the drive from Dallas to LA and then up to the SF Bay Area in our new (to us) 993TT. My wife is a marathon driver (with a lead foot). We left Dallas around 8 PM drove for a while, stopped for the night, and made it to the California border by 8 or so the next night (keep in mind we gained 2 hours crossing time zones). If LA was our final destination, we could have made it there that night. The drive is boring if you go straight through as we did. We got stopped once in Texas for speeding and my wife was given a warning and let go. The Texas patrol officer was perhaps the most courteous police officer I have ever come across. West Texas is pretty barren and covered with oil derricks, so I would drive this at night if possible. The scenery gets prettier as you head west. We stopped at a gas station between Tuscon and Phoenix as the sun was setting and the view was amazing with the mountains all around. We did not come across any seedy characters and found all the people along the way to be pleasant (Texans are perhaps the nicest people out there).

If you want to make the trip more leisurely and vacation-like, I suggest a detour up to Flagstaff and perhaps a drive to the Grand Canyon.

Quick Reply: OT:Long trip in new c4s..Atlanta to LA-advice, thoughts, experiences