993 Forum 1995-1998

road/wind noise drivers side rear of car

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 10:50 AM
nasa ser
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default road/wind noise drivers side rear of car

I bought my 1995 993 c2 last year, car has 90,000 miles on it. I love it, but one annoyance has been excessive road/wind noise from driver's side rear.
My wife has ridden in it and agrees, driver's side much louder than passenger side.

I tried the soap bubbles and air pressure method to look for window leaks, and found two leak along bottom edge of driver's side rear side window.
Also, there are two leaks on driver's door window on the vertical part of the window.
Any suggestions on how to replace (or a temp fix to verify if this is the source of the excessive road/wind noise? (i tired electrical tape over the edge of glass and seal where leaks were, that did nothing.
fwiw, i have noticed no water leaks and there are no whistling sounds, its just excessive road/wind noise.

thanks

Stephen

Last edited by nasa ser; 12-18-2017 at 11:19 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-18-2017, 02:20 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It might be wise to check in with a "Porsche familiar" body shop to see if there has been any repair work done in the past. You may have already found some of the sources for noise which can be readily corrected by new door/window seals etc. Back in the day, a "smoke generator" was used inside to see where the leaks are but your "soap method" seems to arrive at the same results. Good Luck!!

Quick Reply: road/wind noise drivers side rear of car