Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

"European Carrera RS Suspension"

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 02:12 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the advice you got here was pretty accurate. My original post explaining the Carrera RS remains correct except for some disagreement about colors.

If you got information outside of this forum I would expect it to be incorrect, especially if you were talking to a Porsche dealer.

If Hank or Viken would come to the rescue they could provide additional "correct" info I'm sure.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:19 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by DCLee:
<strong>...depending on whether you ordered a RS Touring, a RS Clubsport, a RS with a Supercup suspension, or an RS with the RSR suspension. </strong><hr></blockquote>

I believe the RS Touring and Clubsport were both delivered with the same suspension which is the one we are talking about on this thread.

The Cup suspension would be a little different with much stiffer single-rate springs.

The RSR would be different still, with alot of variation such as the remote reservoir shocks and a variety of spring rates.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:32 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by JC in NY:
<strong>The RSR would be different still, with alot of variation such as the remote reservoir shocks and a variety of spring rates.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, the RSR suspension did not have remote mounted shocks nor were they externally adjustable.

<a href="http://www.rennsportsystems.com/993.html" target="_blank">Here</a> is the link to the 993 suspension system page from Rennsport. Half way down the page is the RSR information.

E. J.

Quick Reply: "European Carrera RS Suspension"