Best HID upgrade - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Best HID upgrade

Old 11-24-2017, 06:13 PM
  #1  
tuto993
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
tuto993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 188
Default Best HID upgrade

Hello All,

I am looking for suggestion on the best solution (combination of price and ease) for upgrading my factory headlamps to HID. I have started to look at different websites, but I think other members' experiences are invaluable when looking for upgrades.

If you can include pictures, that would be considered a major bonus!!

Thank you, and Happy Holidays...
tuto993 is online now  
Old 11-24-2017, 06:42 PM
  #2  
E30M3
User
 
E30M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NYC
Posts: 407
Default

Originally Posted by tuto993 View Post
Hello All,

I am looking for suggestion on the best solution (combination of price and ease) for upgrading my factory headlamps to HID. I have started to look at different websites, but I think other members' experiences are invaluable when looking for upgrades.

If you can include pictures, that would be considered a major bonus!!

Thank you, and Happy Holidays...
One word-Tore..

Simply the best!

https://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php...3-hid-kit.html
E30M3 is offline  
Old 11-24-2017, 07:17 PM
  #3  
Zeus993
Super User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,368
Default

Yes. Tore's T-lights. I just installed these. Simple installed.

Tools needed:
1. Drill bit to enlarge the opening
2. Needle nose pliers
3. 8mm socket to remove and replace the front bumperettes
4. Phillips head screwdriver
5. Moist towel to wipe things down inside

Zeus993 is offline  
Old 11-24-2017, 08:47 PM
  #4  
tuto993
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
tuto993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 188
Default

Ok, thanks to you both. Looks pretty easy. The only thing I hope I can find is the radio's security code. I think it is with the owner's manual. I'll have to check.

I ordered the kit and got the RL discount, not too bad!

Happy Holidays!
tuto993 is online now  
Old 11-24-2017, 10:00 PM
  #5  
996scott
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
996scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,156
Default

Tore makes a great upgrade and his service is awesome. Can't go wrong.
996scott is offline  
Old 11-24-2017, 10:15 PM
  #6  
uniquenamehere
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
uniquenamehere's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 781
Default

x2 for Tore's products.

I got his HID upgrade as well as the full LED running lights/brake lights/turn signals. Great quality products, and great service too!
uniquenamehere is offline  
Old 11-24-2017, 11:53 PM
  #7  
gavonder
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
gavonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: CT.
Posts: 678
Default

Yep, Tore. Before & after.
Attached Images   
gavonder is online now  
Old 11-25-2017, 01:37 AM
  #8  
tuto993
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
tuto993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 188
Default

Nice. Thank you!
tuto993 is online now  
Old 11-25-2017, 02:39 AM
  #9  
jskylarwilson
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jskylarwilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Posts: 293
Default

Are they that blue in person?
jskylarwilson is offline  
Old 11-25-2017, 03:40 AM
  #10  
tsloeza
User
 
tsloeza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Carlos
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by tuto993 View Post
Hello All,

I am looking for suggestion on the best solution (combination of price and ease) for upgrading my factory headlamps to HID. I have started to look at different websites, but I think other members' experiences are invaluable when looking for upgrades.

If you can include pictures, that would be considered a major bonus!!

Thank you, and Happy Holidays...
I agree Tore's HID kit, Plus the Projector lens up grade kit from the https://www.theretrofitsource.com/mo...rsche-993.html. The difference is night and day when getting rid of the stock projector lenses.

stock halogen bulbs


Tore's HID kit with the retrofit sources 993 projector lenses.
tsloeza is offline  
Old 11-25-2017, 12:55 PM
  #11  
Zeus993
Super User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,368
Default

Originally Posted by tuto993 View Post
Ok, thanks to you both. Looks pretty easy. The only thing I hope I can find is the radio's security code. I think it is with the owner's manual. I'll have to check.

I ordered the kit and got the RL discount, not too bad!

Happy Holidays!
You are welcome! Radio code? Crap. Was I supposed to un-hooked the battery? I just shut the car off and pulled out the lights. Snap!

Originally Posted by tsloeza View Post
I agree Tore's HID kit, Plus the Projector lens up grade kit from the https://www.theretrofitsource.com/mo...rsche-993.html. The difference is night and day when getting rid of the stock projector lenses.

stock halogen bulbs


Tore's HID kit with the retrofit sources 993 projector lenses.
Projector Lens upgrade. Super cool and I've not seen this before. Nice wide projection beam. Any pics of the install? As simple as the lights themselves?
Zeus993 is offline  
Old 11-25-2017, 03:39 PM
  #12  
tsloeza
User
 
tsloeza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Carlos
Posts: 36
Default

Originally Posted by Zeus993 View Post
You are welcome! Radio code? Crap. Was I supposed to un-hooked the battery? I just shut the car off and pulled out the lights. Snap!



Projector Lens upgrade. Super cool and I've not seen this before. Nice wide projection beam. Any pics of the install? As simple as the lights themselves?
Install is fairy easy, takes about hour. Remove the 3 T15 safety torx, assemble the new bracket on to the new lense and reinstall, connected the high beam wiring on the new lens, I suggest getting the optional Y harness to connect all the wiring. you may need to modify the Y harness to make it fit right ( new connectors). You will need to adjust head lights after, so if you can find a wall mark the original position of the headlights on the wall, mark the position of your tires on the floor and set the new projectors close to the original marks on the wall. This should get you very close. Pull the head light glass of the headlight assembly to clean the inside of the glass and chrome reflector.


tsloeza is offline  
Old 11-25-2017, 04:50 PM
  #13  
pp000830
Shade Tree Fixer
Rennlist Member
 
pp000830's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 4,891
Default

Inexpensive: Any of the ones on eBay with the slim ballast will work and fit completely inside the lamp pod, however the wires to the bulb are a little long with these kits so it gets a little messy in the headlight pod. You will need to trial light up the bulbs as some come DOA out of the box. Installation is completely reversable.

OR

Tore: A bit more expensive but tailored for a cleaner 993 install and should work out of the box.

Can you chose wisely?

Andy
pp000830 is offline  
Old 11-25-2017, 05:39 PM
  #14  
tuto993
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
tuto993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 188
Default

Originally Posted by pp000830 View Post
Inexpensive: Any of the ones on eBay with the slim ballast will work and fit completely inside the lamp pod, however the wires to the bulb are a little long with these kits so it gets a little messy in the headlight pod. You will need to trial light up the bulbs as some come DOA out of the box. Installation is completely reversable.

OR

Tore: A bit more expensive but tailored for a cleaner 993 install and should work out of the box.

Can you chose wisely?

Andy
LOL Thanks, as noted above I already ordered the Tore kit.
tuto993 is online now  
Old 11-25-2017, 05:41 PM
  #15  
tuto993
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
tuto993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 188
Default

Originally Posted by tsloeza View Post
I agree Tore's HID kit, Plus the Projector lens up grade kit from the https://www.theretrofitsource.com/mo...rsche-993.html. The difference is night and day when getting rid of the stock projector lenses.

stock halogen bulbs


Tore's HID kit with the retrofit sources 993 projector lenses.
Thank you! This was going to be my next question LOL
tuto993 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best HID upgrade


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: