993 Forum 1995-1998

hey wait for me racing team

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 02:46 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally posted by jford
.....next time you ride with an instructor and he gives you a headset, unplug your end and plug it into a walkman. Tell him you get your driving tips from ZZ Top and to keep his mouth shut.....
Pssst - don't tell anyone - but I am an Instructor.... However, when I steer with my knees, give passing signals with my left hand (or one finger, slightly extended - as the situation dictates) and look for radio stations with my other hand - I do forewarn any unfortunate student who may be riding with me to do as I say - NOT as I do.... I have noticed that it also helps if you wear mirrored sunglasses with student's riding in your car - as they can't tell if you are looking at the track - or the presets on the radio....

BTW: what's a headset doing in the car, anyway????? Heh, heh....!!!!

Old 12-02-2003, 02:50 PM
jford
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 474 Posts

I was kidding about the headset thing. I hang on my instructor's every word. He is like my very own burning bush.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:15 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default okay big turtle---

thank you for remembering & not being as ancient as "old fart" i do realize my unofficial title may be too much like a fellow members...(did you say?) "team umbrella girl procurer" can't remember exactly -hic- anyway, in light of my latest film endevors... how does "official hwfm racing team auteur" grab ya? i'll work on getting a m-peg of it sorted out for viewing... maybe the official hwfm racing webmaster can help???

late--
rich

anyway i still haven't gotten an answer re: the purchase of "hwfmr" gear... what up?!
Old 12-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by RJT 993
Mike.....

This is the Missus here...

Wacky posts?? What wacky posts?

Young man, bend over and let me give you five wacks on the bum
with this here hot wheels track for that comment

JoAnne

OFFICIAL MOTHER SUPERIOR OF THE 'HEY WAIT FOR ME' RACE TEAM
Which comment , now I'm really lost??
Old 12-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Cy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heading for Indonesia on Friday for 5 weeks so have to move fast. Might have to put the trip to Chicago off until the spring.
jford, although not I cannot claim membership, I must point out a glaring issue in your above post that seems very un-HWFMR . . . you seem to be implying that you could make it from New Jersey to Chicago and back by Friday!?! That's 700 miles or so in a mere 3 days! Slowness is a way of life, not just something stylish to be thrown around indiscriminately at the track.

Hopefully, the latter statement that you'll be putting the trip off until spring means you think it'll take the entire season to make the round trip.

Regards to all
Old 12-02-2003, 08:57 PM
Pete K
Pro

Wooooooooooooooo WHO!

I'm in.

Pete
Old 12-02-2003, 09:34 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 315 Likes on 140 Posts

Carrera Mike.....

You are not the only Mike that's a member of the HWFM race team.
The comment you are questioning was made by our fearless leader, Mike in Chi in his previous post. Robert the Moonshiner is my hubby,that makes me his missus. Got it?
You're not lost anymore are you??

I think you are going to have to come up with a nickname so I know which Mike to disipline when the time comes. As the Official Mother Superior to the HWFM race team I get the fun job of 'correcting' any team members that get out of line. Being that both Mike in Chi and I were groomed by strict Superior Mothers during our formative years in Catholic schools we know what it's like to be scolded by a nun. The Hot Wheels track was a favorite of the nuns. Many bums and knuckles were rapped hard with those. Some preferred to use a whiffleball paddle, but I didn't care much for those so I'll stick to the hot wheels tracks. Now I get to be the one who administers the spankings. Oh so much fun........

Wacky enough????

Oh BTW I was the Mother Superior for another team before and that's how I got this job check out :
www.reiser-callas.com
Click on teams. That's me......

JoAnne
The "J" in RJT993
OFFICIAL MOTHER SUPERIOR OF THE HWFM RACE TEAM
Old 12-02-2003, 09:56 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Oooops sorry Madam Superior No wonder I don't understand which comment you were refering to. I actually re-read all my postings here trying to figure it out

Thanks...am I in???

That is a very nice gallery you have there at http://www.reiser-callas.com/
were the Las Vegas pix taken during the Porsche Enduro??

~Carrera Mike
Old 12-02-2003, 10:24 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

M.I.C./S.(O.F) et al, for your consideration (apiologies in advance to the rest of the board for using up valuable bandwidth):

As the default "Tour Guide" for the Malibu Fun Run Crew (nobody else with a V1 wants to go first) I am forced to go slow. Keeping as many as 27 P-cars in a row together through the twists and turns of So Cal canyons, let alone the streets of Oxnard (on the way to the German AutoFest) I am forced to go slow, like a ball and chain, these (mostly) guys keep me in second gear.

Now I must admit that 2nd gear in a Tip may give me a little more to work with than a six speed, but even Porsche says Tips are slow compared to a 6 speed 0-60. Heck, I can only confirm one time that my car has ever gone over 60mph and that was when I was (allegedly) clocked with a laser gun (no V1 alert) doing 62 in a 45 (but it was on PCH moving with the flow in the unusual position of being in the middle of the pack - so it doesn't really count).

(Unlike PM, no word count feature here so I guess I'll keep going) - I am so slow in fact, I can't even get onto a track, or maybe that's because I have a Cab, or because I have no extra money for PS9's, MO30 sways and an extra set of tires and a trailer and a truck to tow it all there.

Anyway, dragging 20+ cars through the canyons and alerting them of debris, cars, joggers, bikers and bikes keeps a guy down in the gear range. And as with all leaders, you aren't one without followers, so to be a leader with this group - I must go slow.

Now I would also like to call as witnesses, the members of the 996 Turbo board who can attest that on the few occasions I have run with them, I am always eating their dust bringing up the rear. The Fun Run group stops along the route to chat and admire each other mods or lack there of. The 996 group stops to wait for me to catch up.

At this point I don't know if I have dug myself into a hole that I can't crawl out of or not, so I will throw myself on the mercy of the court and request Traffic School - errr, I mean membership into the much heralded HWFMRT as the official Left Coast (So Cal) Tour Guide.

...oh... and Steve, as I don't have your fax #, I'll meet you to hand off the beers at the 405/Burbank off/on ramp.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:59 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll only add, on Fred's behalf, that admitting him to membership may move the bar to a new low... which is quite a good thing. 405 & Burbank... this time we won't even slow down!
Old 12-02-2003, 11:41 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

LOW BAR! Did somebody say "L O W B A R!!" Now THAT'S something I can shoot for...... and miss! And BTW, where's your TOKEN Cayenne member???? Can I apply?
Old 12-02-2003, 11:45 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steel (pun intended) yourselves guys, I'm in as the offical "Ceramic Technologist" HWFMR.

My first proposal to the "Board" is that if you damage your ceramics, your were going to fast, therefore you have to be expelled from HWFMR, and if you are expelled from HWFMR...you can't seek the advice of the Ceramic Technologist..Only members in good standing can avail themselves of Club services.

This is a tough and demanding job, but I'll be as helpful as I can...within the above rules (if accepted)
Old 12-02-2003, 11:48 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally posted by Toby Pennycuff
And BTW, where's your TOKEN Cayenne member???? Can I apply?
Hmmm.. A Cayenne owner in HWFM Racing????

Yea - I can get behind that... (no pun, of course )

BUT - for the pleasue of all - you'll have to post why you are slower then me...?? If I buy into it - I may nominate you... Or someone could. Of course - I may not nominate you, too - but it depends on how good your post is....

Totally subjective - of course..... (I'll probably regret posting this - like all my posts.... )

Heh...!!!!
Old 12-03-2003, 12:22 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So am I correct in assuming that if you don't know what ceramics are you have an even better chance of getting in? Should I edit my post above to include ignorance of ceramics? Well, cats out -o-the-bag, not a clue.

Steve, just make sure your windows are down or your sunroof is open.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:31 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you don't know what ceramics are, you must have steel brakes. Therefore, I can't help you and since there is no new "technology" in steel brakes there is no need for a steel technologist, so they can't help you either.

Quick Reply: hey wait for me racing team