Notices

Sparco Seat/Harness Install/DIY w/Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 01:59 AM
tlark
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced the factory 6mm allen head bolt w/hardened steel ones. Be sure and use the washers too. Bolt the backs first, (one bolt at each corner) and then the fronts.
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2005, 02:07 AM
tlark
Drifting

This is the view between the driver seat and the trans. console. That is the top of the belt clip. You see what I mean by a tight space. I will tell you that my passenger side has more room in this area. I mounted that seat as far left as I could to allow for adequate room to close the door. My seat were wide at the shoulder. I have 3/4 in the passenger side between the seat and upper door trim near the window.

Following the same logic on the drivers side it was completely different and the seat is nearly touching the door trim. It is at its max incline for my height, so it will need to be adjusted up at the include if any concerns arise.
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2005, 02:11 AM
tlark
Drifting

Finally the harness bar. Brey-Krause, it came in stainless steel that was unfinished. I took it to a shop and had it painted in satin black. Powder coating is another option but I wanted to get my install done and p-coating would have taken longer.
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2005, 02:19 AM
tlark
Drifting

Sparco Evo seats. Sat in some Evo 2's last DE and the were ok but a bit large in the **** area if you know what I mean. The Evo is the same diminsions for the most part but its 2" wider at the seat. I know some guys are running them in the 993 but I don't see how they would fit with them being so tight next to the doors and tranny tunnel.

To sum it up, take your time and look closely at the mounting points in the car and think things through.
Attached Images  
Old 06-03-2005, 03:20 AM
burgass
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great info! Thanks
Maybe you can post this in the DY forum

Quick Reply: Sparco Seat/Harness Install/DIY w/Pics