992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Old 11-28-2018, 11:46 AM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

I just realized that I've gotten it wrong all these years and thank you to those who've pointed it out. For the last 17 years, I've gotten immense pleasure from my various 911's. They were fast, reliable, handled wonderfully and were reasonably practical. Overall wonderful cars to drive and they looked pretty good too. But I didn't realize that I should have been appreciating these cars for what is really important. Apparently a great shift **** on my 997. Awesome third brake light on my 991 advanced the 911 legend. Really important things that apparently far outweigh the actual driving experience. I'm glad that all of the keyboard warrior design experts know the "answer" and have enlightened me.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:48 AM
Gobbi
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Porsche pricing is based on what they can get, not currency fluctuations or rational thinking

They don't chase currency swings.
knowing Germans they probably hedged healthy 75% of the EUR/USD and even EUR/RMB exposure, at least for 1-3 year horizon, since they need to regain the cash flow on a huge investment. Just raising retail prices are not the most healthy marketing approach. With the hedge in place you can puke into fellow VW board members face who still red-faced settling countless emission lawsuits.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:54 AM
Gobbi
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by limegreen

Digital applications: “Road Trip”, “360+” and “Impact”

Porsche Road Trip” supports car enthusiasts in planning, organising and navigating special trips. The curated routes it offers include exclusive hotel and restaurant recommendations as well as points of interest and viewpoints along the route.

Porsche 360+” has the goal of allowing the customer to enjoy the Porsche experience even while away from the vehicle; the heart of “Porsche 360+” is a personal lifestyle assistant that is available to customers around the clock. The assistant is intended to make everyday life easier and exclusive experiences possible.

Porsche Impact” is an emissions calculator. It calculates the financial contributions that Porsche customers can pay to offset their CO2 footprint. They themselves can choose the internationally certified climate projects in which to invest. The projects available are spread out all over the world and focus on wind, hydro and solar power, as well as forest protection.

I sure could use a "wet mode" myself because I just p!ssed my pants laughing at how absolutely ridiculous this all is.

I really would love to meet the people that think these above features are anything but a complete joke.
Dude, soon you will suddenly feel very old where everyone but you will care for the missing instant share Instagram feed button, where your cry for drivers oriented car is only causing echo in the retirement hallway.
In a few years if you do not pay your CO2 footprint they will not let you use the public toilet or be invited at the school play of your kids.
Life is changing, get yourself familiar with the nubbin, it's here to stay.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:07 PM
nimprojects
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Curious about this new "aventuringrünmetallic" (Adventuring Green?) and nice to see two decent blue options (Miami doesn't count). Gives me some hope that the next GT3 will have a better range of colors to choose from — current situation is pretty bad imo.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:18 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by limegreen
Digital applications: “Road Trip”, “360+” and “Impact”

Porsche Road Trip” supports car enthusiasts in planning, organising and navigating special trips. The curated routes it offers include exclusive hotel and restaurant recommendations as well as points of interest and viewpoints along the route.

Porsche 360+” has the goal of allowing the customer to enjoy the Porsche experience even while away from the vehicle; the heart of “Porsche 360+” is a personal lifestyle assistant that is available to customers around the clock. The assistant is intended to make everyday life easier and exclusive experiences possible.

Porsche Impact” is an emissions calculator. It calculates the financial contributions that Porsche customers can pay to offset their CO2 footprint. They themselves can choose the internationally certified climate projects in which to invest. The projects available are spread out all over the world and focus on wind, hydro and solar power, as well as forest protection.

I sure could use a "wet mode" myself because I just p!ssed my pants laughing at how absolutely ridiculous this all is.

I really would love to meet the people that think these above features are anything but a complete joke.
Porsche is a "Lifestyle" company every bit as much as a car and sports car company. Adding these lifestyle touches to bring in people who want the pampering is a smart move, despite the luddite opinions out here.

They have to justify their brand, perceived image and pricing. Especially with cars like the mid-engined Corvette coming out soon which, I suspect, will pretty much blow the 911 away in the driving department. So differentiating between Porsche and Chevrolet is important, as is furthering the lifestyle difference with Mercedes and BMW and even Audi.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:20 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Name:  photo758.jpg
Views: 1358
Size:  255.4 KB
Old 11-28-2018, 01:43 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OY what did they do to the int? That HUGH screen? HUGH cup holder? AWFUL stubby gear selector...OMG!!!
Old 11-28-2018, 05:31 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
OY what did they do to the int? That HUGH screen? HUGH cup holder? AWFUL stubby gear selector...OMG!!!
One thing I'm wondering.... it may seem like an irrelevant or pointless question to most, but where's the passenger's cupholder? Is there one at all?

If not, that's a bigger design screwup than it might seem at first.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:37 PM
nimprojects
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
One thing I'm wondering.... it may seem like an irrelevant or pointless question to most, but where's the passenger's cupholder? Is there one at all?
It pops out of a slot on the right hand side next to the passenger door.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:25 PM
991.1 C4S
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A terrific resource for comparing the 991.1 to the 992.1 here: https://www.motor1.com/news/280209/2...1-see-changes/
Old 11-28-2018, 06:43 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by nimprojects
It pops out of a slot on the right hand side next to the passenger door.
Yep, as demonstrated by Henry Catchpole in his Carfection video review.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:27 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Porsche is a "Lifestyle" company every bit as much as a car and sports car company. Adding these lifestyle touches to bring in people who want the pampering is a smart move, despite the luddite opinions out here.

They have to justify their brand, perceived image and pricing. Especially with cars like the mid-engined Corvette coming out soon which, I suspect, will pretty much blow the 911 away in the driving department. So differentiating between Porsche and Chevrolet is important, as is furthering the lifestyle difference with Mercedes and BMW and even Audi.
Porsche could easily blow away the mid-engined Corvette if they spent the money where it counts,....not garbage apps. They have proven that time and again.

Now they're just selling out with techno weeny apps for idiots that can't find an "exclusive hotel or restaurant" on their own. Like you just leave the house not having a clue where you are going?....or staying? and trust a car app? I've certainly had more fun and better experiences not knowing any of that,.....and finding them on my own. I don't need a car app to tell me any such nonsense.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:38 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Porsche could easily blow away the mid-engined Corvette if they spent the money where it counts,....not garbage apps. They have proven that time and again.

Now they're just selling out with techno weeny apps for idiots that can't find an "exclusive hotel or restaurant" on their own. Like you just leave the house not having a clue where you are going?....or staying? and trust a car app? I've certainly had more fun and better experiences not knowing any of that,.....and finding them on my own. I don't need a car app to tell me any such nonsense.
It's not an adventure if everything is safe, secure, and orderly.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:29 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Argon_
It's not an adventure if everything is safe, secure, and orderly.
Agree wholeheartedly.

But they may be abandoning that to the Jeep crowd! lol
Old 11-29-2018, 02:40 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

How has Porsche allowed some videos to state it has an extended wheelbase, while some state it doesn't? Quality control not on point.

Based on official figures, the new 911 DOES NOT have a longer wheelbase. It's exactly the same. Therefore the extra length is all in the overhangs (not ideal proportionally).

Also, some videos state it's lower. Based on Porsche's official specifications, it's .2" taller.

What's MOST surprising, is it's WAY heavier. Like 150 lbs over the 991.2. Which makes it a whopping 250 lbs heavier than the 991.1.

Finally, I haven't read through all the comments yet, but any idea as to whether the engine got moved more towards the middle?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE