Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 01:56 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Same photo. This probably is the final photo of 992. Looks like 911 with new Cayenne front end and rear end.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:27 PM
SeymourButts
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Thinc2
Ah well, I stand corrected. Thanks for the insight.
I do want to clarify that there are things on prototypes that are used as disguises, such as that 3rd brake light or maybe an additional bump underneath the camouflage to disguise a body panel. It's a real cat and mouse thing that OEMs do.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:31 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,542 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by limegreen
I think we can all agree that the Cayenne and Macan are nothing special at all and fundamentally no different than any other cars in their segment.
No. We can't all agree on that. In fact, the only people who would write something like that a) have either never driven a Macan or Cayenne along with any of the other vehicles in those segments or b) are so mechanically unsympathetic - i.e. buttnumb - that they can't tell the difference between a 3/4-ton truck and sports car anyway.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:37 PM
DKST
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend

Looks like 911 with new Cayenne front end and rear end.

Uuuuuuuuuuhhhmmm........................................................ ..............................no
Old 10-23-2018, 02:43 PM
DKST
Racer

Originally Posted by Ascend

Looks like 911 with new Cayenne front end and rear end.

Wait..............................ah....................still no.............
Old 10-23-2018, 03:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Is this the VENTING thread???
Old 10-23-2018, 03:35 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 315 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Is this the VENTING thread???
Oops too many threads

LOL btw, looking like Cayenne is nothing bad Unless you think it's a bad thing.

Originally Posted by DKST

Yeah, look at the front air intake. Straight off from Cayenne.

Last edited by Ascend; 10-23-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:49 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

^^^^ What a beautiful Racing Yellow 991.2!
Old 10-23-2018, 03:49 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

There is NO DOUBT design cues carry from other models.
Old 10-23-2018, 03:59 PM
limegreen
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by worf928
No. We can't all agree on that. In fact, the only people who would write something like that a) have either never driven a Macan or Cayenne along with any of the other vehicles in those segments or b) are so mechanically unsympathetic - i.e. buttnumb - that they can't tell the difference between a 3/4-ton truck and sports car anyway.
I wouldn't use the word "fact" there.

Here are a couple examples of where the word "fact" would be more appropriate.

1. Both Porsche SUV's utilize VW / Audi platforms. The very same cars they compete with in their respective segments.

2. Both Porsche SUV's utilize more or less the same configurations, layouts, suspension designs and specifications as all of their competitors.

Both of these facts coupled with common logic would indicate that neither of those SUV offerings are unique or special. The only thing that makes them truly special in the eyes of the consumer is the Porsche nameplate , the styling and the rest of the " face value" add on's that Porsche uses to extract an insane amount of profit from nothing fundamentally more than an Audi Q5 and a VW Touareg with beefed up engines, stiffer suspension and wider tires used to counteract the laws of physics that would otherwise laugh in the face at the idea of something as stupid as a street / track performance SUV.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:46 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by limegreen
Like BMW did a decade ago Porsche realized that the average vehicle consumer purchases their products @ face value. I think we can all agree that the Cayenne and Macan are nothing special at all and fundamentally no different than any other cars in their segment. The Panamera isn't too far off in that respect either.

The Porsche sports cars while still unique, are becoming more mainstream with each iteration. This 992 seems to offer the most in the way of face value gimmicks with little thought to remaining unique.

This whole " Porsche was always an advanced technology company " is such a load of misconstrued bull it's hard to swallow. Up until 20 just years ago they made nothing but raw no nonsense sports cars with air cooled engines for crying out loud. That original car was based on a design that was made as purposefully as simple as possible. The " advanced technology" only existed in the engineering of the sports and race cars themselves and had nothing to do with driver aides, luxury appointments, cheesy flip out door handles and infotainment screens.
Yeah, unfortunately the BMW golden age is dead.

As for the 911, its rear engine is a unique and sacred corner of automobilia; as long as it remains, I have hope.

Old 10-23-2018, 06:43 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts

I agree with it.. Sure the Cayenne drives nice.. No PDK? Uhh what? Not sure if the newest one's have it but a 2017 I drove didn't.. It's generic as hell and way overpriced. Same with the Macan. Just terrible.

What do these cars have in common?
Touareg
Q7
Cayenne
Bentayga
Urus

They all come from the womb but with different sperms impregnating it. Garbage, garbage, garbage, garbage..... and GARBAGE... Or as the french say "La Garbaj"

It's so that Mrs. Jones tells her husband she wants to one up Becky from next door who got her VW PL73 platform vehicle.

Same goes for the Tiguan, Q5, Macan and so on..

Originally Posted by DKST

The middle pic looks like my computer mouse.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:48 PM
DKST
Racer

Originally Posted by Psorcery
The middle pic looks like my computer mouse.

You bought this one?
http://www.mkw-uk.com/retail/wireles...se-yellow.html
Old 10-23-2018, 07:00 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

+1
Old 10-23-2018, 07:36 PM
limegreen
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
+1
I'll go out on a limb here and even risk being inflammatory to say that I'm willing to bet those with an opposing opinion to mine are owners of said "Porsche" SUV's..... While those who agree with me do not have their faces stained red...

Getting back on topic here I think this is fair to bring up in the 992 forum because this is exactly what is happening to the Porsche sports cars, they are being diluted to appeal to a broader audience made up of those who think a purchasing "sports car" SUV is a good idea.

Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE