Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Gobbi
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only bogus Speedster, and China's b-movie star base Macan.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Gobbi
Only bogus Speedster, and China's b-movie star base Macan.

LOL.......agree
Old 10-04-2018, 11:56 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

the Yellow mule remind me for PACMAN from the back. for those who are too young to know google pacman

Old 10-04-2018, 03:17 PM
atombomb33
Advanced

Originally Posted by limegreen
I am with you there 100% !!!

As far as paining those cheap looking plastic sections go , who knows how much or if that will even be an option or what it will look like.

What I do know, with almost complete certainty, is that if you don't paint them they will look like absolute sh*# after a short time by fading / discoloring or ending up with wax marks along the edges. So basically you'll be dammed if you do , dammed if you don't thanks for another brilliant call on this one Porsche!
That would only be the case if someone doesn't properly take care of them and detail their car the right way. A properly detailed car would protect the plastic and wouldn't leave wax marks on the plastic.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:20 PM
atombomb33
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Nothing at the Paris show?
I'm keeping hope alive for an LA Auto Show reveal.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:40 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,170 Likes on 591 Posts

Apparently they don't want us to get comfortable with the hood/bumper lines/gaps either way. I actually don't mind it on the red car but here you can see it both ways side by side: https://jalopnik.com/porsches-still-...911-1829491823
Old 10-04-2018, 03:55 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,175 Likes on 431 Posts

Red one looks good. And white calipers as recently introduced on the new Cayenne.

Old 10-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Yeah tungsten brakes will be on option below Ceramics
Old 10-04-2018, 09:02 PM
hlvg
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Are those brakes considered better than steel?
ok when tracking?
Old 10-04-2018, 09:16 PM
mpeterec
Intermediate

I love how many people are slagging Porsche over cheap plastic on a test mule... because I'm sure that's exactly what it'll look like when it's produced.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:09 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hlvg
Are those brakes considered better than steel?
ok when tracking?
less/no dust like ceramic but performance like steel

there is info on the net on them. White will be identifying color.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:47 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Are there still NO pics of a 991 next to a 992? That’s when the real truth comes out.

Originally Posted by limegreen
Would it have killed them to at least line up the hood with the fender / bumper seam?
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

Seriously. Kills the whole aesthetic point of the square hood.
Originally Posted by Ascend
They could've aligned hood seam with fender to bumper seam. Wtf with that half an inch protrusion.
Agreed. It looks and looked very jarring on the car I saw in person. Takes too much of your focus rendering it fairly clunky.

Originally Posted by dkhm3
anyone have any idea what the price jump would be from a 991.2 to a 992 base/s?

I read somewhere 10k, but is that typical?

I wonder if 991.1 vs 991.2 jump in performance is similar- 991.2 base acceleration specs are similar to the 991.1 GTS ( I know turbos vs NA) I wonder what the 992 base will jump to 991.2 S acceleration specs?
Not sure, but with turbos it’ll be easier for them to tune more speed. A base being faster than the previous GTS seems par for the course. The 991.1 base threw up better numbers than the 997.2 GTS in several magazines that tested both.

Originally Posted by GordyRay
I got hit in my 2016 GTS Cab a few weeks ago. A truck ran a red light at 73 mph and totaled my car. I am blessed to still be here. Was trapped in the car until firemen got me out. The leg airbags saved my legs. So I am planning to order a 911 Turbo 991.2. Not too interested in a manual stick anymore since the PDK is so awesome and quick. But I don't want that little shaver in the 992 so staying with the 991.2.
Hopefully by the time the 992.2 rolls around they will have put the PDK stick back into the car.
Ouch, that sucks but thankfully the car protected you! Any photos? Just curious in studying how the car performed.

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
LOL. How else would one define success for a publicly traded company?
Well, being that Ferrari, Porsche and Tesla are some of the most valuable car brands, it certainly isn’t “mass sales at all costs.” Boutique companies that generate aspirational value via exclusivity which leads to high margins which leads to reinvestment into products to ensure they maintain dominance in enthusiast-oriented fields, has proven rewarding nearly every time, across industries. It’s what made Porsche who they are. If they sold hundreds of thousands of 4 doors in the 90’s, they’d be any other bloated boring appliance brand today.

Separately, and not to be too blunt, but I think those of you ordering new 991.2’s now may very well be setting yourself for upset, especially considering the investment you’re making. 991.1 owners such as myself have reason to cling to our cars regardless of how much we may like the 992, if keeping an N/A with the tactile shifter is that important (it is to me, so far). But the 992 we all know will look good when it’s out, and will simply be a dialed up 992 in drivetrain and performance and character. Just IMO.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:02 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A

Well, being that Ferrari, Porsche and Tesla are some of the most valuable car brands, it certainly isn’t “mass sales at all costs.” Boutique companies that generate aspirational value via exclusivity which leads to high margins which leads to reinvestment into products to ensure they maintain dominance in enthusiast-oriented fields, has proven rewarding nearly every time, across industries. It’s what made Porsche who they are. If they sold hundreds of thousands of 4 doors in the 90’s, they’d be any other bloated boring appliance brand today.
It's time to start selling your Tesla shares, and shorting on the stock. They have peaked already. They will not be in business as a car company in 10 years. Let's not use them in the same sentence with Ferrari and Porsche again. Those brands are profitable, too.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:10 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,738 Likes on 4,765 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Are there still NO pics of a 991 next to a 992? That’s when the real truth comes out.

Agreed. It looks and looked very jarring on the car I saw in person. Takes too much of your focus rendering it fairly clunky.

Not sure, but with turbos it’ll be easier for them to tune more speed. A base being faster than the previous GTS seems par for the course. The 991.1 base threw up better numbers than the 997.2 GTS in several magazines that tested both.

Ouch, that sucks but thankfully the car protected you! Any photos? Just curious in studying how the car performed.

Well, being that Ferrari, Porsche and Tesla are some of the most valuable car brands, it certainly isn’t “mass sales at all costs.” Boutique companies that generate aspirational value via exclusivity which leads to high margins which leads to reinvestment into products to ensure they maintain dominance in enthusiast-oriented fields, has proven rewarding nearly every time, across industries. It’s what made Porsche who they are. If they sold hundreds of thousands of 4 doors in the 90’s, they wouldn't have been on the brink of bankruptcy.

Separately, and not to be too blunt, but I think those of you ordering new 991.2’s now may very well be setting yourself for upset, especially considering the investment you’re making. 991.1 owners such as myself have reason to cling to our cars regardless of how much we may like the 992, if keeping an N/A with the tactile shifter is that important (it is to me, so far). But the 992 we all know will look good when it’s out, and will simply be a dialed up 992 in drivetrain and performance and character. Just IMO.
FIFY
Old 10-05-2018, 12:28 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
FIFY
Lol. Yeah, how’d that work out for GM and Chrysler? Those bailouts in 2007 beg to differ. Ferrari’s current market cap is $25B and Ford’s is $35B. Ferrari snaps their fingers, turn out one SUV, and inevitably fly past Ford’s value without breaking a sweat. All whilst selling less cars in a year than Ford does in a day.

If Porsche didn’t create such cachet by way of being an exclusive and boutique brand, they wouldn’t have been able to cash in on said enthusiast value to the tune of mainstream customers throwing money hand over first just to get something “practical” with the Porsche crest on it.

Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE