Sponsored by:

2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 03:46 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I can't speak to anyone's experience but my own, not a fan of a single dealer here in LA. Bev Hills, South Bay, Walters Riverside, McKenna, Auto Gallery, Rusnak, DTLA. Just too much money here I guess to where customer service is optional. I'd recommend Porsche Fresno, CJs place, even without having made a purchase from them. Porsche San Diego wasn't too bad either so long as God forbid you try to get a GT car from them. Just my own personal experience having shopped around recently. Wasn't fun at all, actually painful
Ok so you have been to 7 DIFFERENT dealers. May not work for you but staying with one over 20+ years has worked wonders for me. Relationships.......
Old 09-26-2018, 03:49 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
That is a total deal breaker for me. I can't spend 120k on a sports car because of those door handles. I don't care if 99.999999% of the population can't tell the difference between those door handles and the door handles on a model T ford.

I don't buy Porsches because of the handling, the quality, the acceleration, the racing history or anything else. It's those damn door handles. SMH
Good one! Sure is a lot of hate here for the new car. Incredible really. We all need to come back to this thread in 12 months...............
Old 09-26-2018, 05:31 PM
lecoultre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
That is a total deal breaker for me. I can't spend 120k on a sports car because of those door handles. I don't care if 99.999999% of the population can't tell the difference between those door handles and the door handles on a model T ford.

I don't buy Porsches because of the handling, the quality, the acceleration, the racing history or anything else. It's those damn door handles. SMH
just an observer but......
maybe some people actually buy cars for their own enjoyment, rather than to show the other "99.999999%"? the lack of respect and tolerance for another man's simple expression of taste could be the real "total deal breaker" to worry about: )

“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” - CG Jung

Last edited by lecoultre; 09-26-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:06 PM
DKST
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 40 Posts

For fun I went to the 991 forum and read through a couple of threads...people compared the first pictures of the 991 with a Nissan GT or even a Mitsubishe Eclipse Spyder! Just give it a couple of more weeks until you see the final design...then you let it grow on you and after seeing it more and more, you'll start to like it!
Old 09-26-2018, 06:16 PM
lecoultre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think the 911 (like many things in life) has always been more of a grower than a shower....women, among other things lol
Old 09-26-2018, 07:53 PM
JMartinni
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DKST
For fun I went to the 991 forum and read through a couple of threads...people compared the first pictures of the 991 with a Nissan GT or even a Mitsubishe Eclipse Spyder! Just give it a couple of more weeks until you see the final design...then you let it grow on you and after seeing it more and more, you'll start to like it!
Yeah, every generation the same process.

Personally I like the 992 design save for some details but I'll happily wait until it's revealed before judging.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:36 PM
innout
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

According to a poster on the 'configurator' thread:

"Launch has been postponed . It will be in March at Geneve . Just C2S and C4S will be available at beginning . First European deliveries are planned for May 18 .
Pdk 8-speed confirmed .
20/21 wheels as standard"
Old 09-27-2018, 08:38 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

If the launch has been postponed, I hope they can fix some of the design changes like remove the shaver pdk, and put a stick pdk. Clam Shell spoiler. Enough time to fix some things.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:50 AM
DKST
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 40 Posts

LOL changing these „details“ would take many many months to develop and furthermore test! Absolutely no chance that there will be any changes to the design of crucial parts like the spoiler. Far too late in production cycle.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:29 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Exactly. Such tools were ordered and therefore locked about a year ago, as in all automotive development. With associated costs and lead time for a tool change, no way that anything hardware wise can be changed at this stage. On the SW side there might, just might, be some time to tweak things from now until production starts.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:29 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,526 Likes on 1,573 Posts

Originally Posted by captainkirk
If the launch has been postponed, I hope they can fix some of the design changes like remove the shaver pdk, and put a stick pdk. Clam Shell spoiler. Enough time to fix some things.
No way

Originally Posted by DKST
LOL changing these „details“ would take many many months to develop and furthermore test! Absolutely no chance that there will be any changes to the design of crucial parts like the spoiler. Far too late in production cycle.
Originally Posted by erik_plus8
Exactly. Such tools were ordered and therefore locked about a year ago, as in all automotive development. With associated costs and lead time for a tool change, no way that anything hardware wise can be changed at this stage. On the SW side there might, just might, be some time to tweak things from now until production starts.
Exactly. Zero way that anything substantive changes. If this delay is real, it's likely due to an issue with some component's production being delayed.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:44 AM
JMartinni
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Well I don't have a problem with the PDK **** or the spoiler (which also aren't an issue on a manual/on a GT/Turbo). So yes, for me it's just small "details" I'm not fond of, like that cup holder - which may or may not be the final design. We'll see.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:56 AM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

I to believe they won't change a thing from now until launch,.....and while I may be able to overlook the Eclipse looking spoiler,....the lack of a valid PDK floor shifter could be a deal breaker for future 991 purchases. I use mine all the time in combination with the wheel paddles,....to me it's not a "detail" but a major flaw if they don't offer it,....but then again it may be my excuse to order a manual again. :-)
Old 09-27-2018, 11:57 AM
erik_plus8
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Still, I must say I am amazed at the level of non-camouflage on the test cars running around, when official reveal is still several months away. Normally you reach this level of confidentiality (or lack thereof) when the reveal is a few days, maximum a week or two away. And running them at Nur in broad daylight - then you're asking for the pictures to be taken... Hmmm... How is the situation now - are you able to put an order on a 911 in Europe at the moment, or still blocked? By running 992:s un-camouflaged, are they keeping potential 991-customers happy, since they aren't able to buy a car now, but this way they can have something to look forward to...? If you follow my logic?
Old 09-27-2018, 12:06 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

^^ it's free marketing. there's no big things to hide. for what?? if anything, free market research

Quick Reply: 2020 NEXT GENERATION 992 SPY PICS & RELEASE